Athletics (Braden 5-7, 3.77) @ White Sox (Danks 11-7, 3.23)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Also I thought Oz's quote was pretty standard like, "Castro is making it hard for me not to play him." That's a good way of pumping up Castro and lighting a competitive fire in AJ w/out pissing him off too much.

AJ was dynamite last night. Not just with the bats, but he pulled off a miracle keeping Harrell's brain together.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
AJ was dynamite last night. Not just with the bats, but he pulled off a miracle keeping Harrell's brain together.

Yeah, he was great. I don't understand why some want Castro to play a lot more. He's great in his current role.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Yeah, he was great. I don't understand why some want Castro to play a lot more. He's great in his current role.

Yeah, I don't know why I wouldn't want our hottest bat in the lineup more.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
Yeah, I don't know why I wouldn't want our hottest bat in the lineup more.

If you want to DH him, fine, but in baseball you have regulars and backups and AJ is the regular the rest of the season, probably the rest of his career here until we trade him or he leaves as a free agent. Like he said, AJ did a great job catching the guy making his debut. Why would anybody want Castro catching him?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Alright, alright, about time Ozzies uses the Tank. KW better have said you wanted your same lineup, you got it. But you. Better start playing Viciedo or I'll find someone on Waivers.

They obvious have a deeper scouting report than any of us have on Dayan. They did the same sort of thing with Santos to bring him along at the right pace, and try to put him into situations to succeed. All you have to do is look at how they threw Beckham right in and let him play pretty much everyday to understand that the Sox don't really feel that Viciedo is quite ready yet.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
I agree, I also think Teahen coming back maybe Underestimated. He was batting over .300 when he was hurt and was the only one hitting at that point. He may be an excellent utility guy. Plays 2b,3b,1b, and corner of.

But he doesn't play them well (except maybe 1b). The utility guy should be Lillibridge. Teahen should fill Kotsay's current role as LH DH LH PH and back-up 1B. Even though he's a great guy and good teammate, there is no place for Kotsay after Teahen comes back. But Ozzie being Ozzie, either Lillibridge or Viciedo will be the one to get sent down. Let's hope KW overrules him and DFAs Kotsay.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
But he doesn't play them well (except maybe 1b). The utility guy should be Lillibridge. Teahen should fill Kotsay's current role as LH DH LH PH and back-up 1B. Even though he's a great guy and good teammate, there is no place for Kotsay after Teahen comes back. But Ozzie being Ozzie, either Lillibridge or Viciedo will be the one to get sent down. Let's hope KW overrules him and DFAs Kotsay.

Make. Kotsay. A. Bench. Coach.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
Make. Kotsay. A. Bench. Coach.

Even Kotsay should understand a reduced role. He doesn't deserve to play. He can pinch hit. Send down Lilly. Why in the world do we need Lilly up here now that we have Teahen back? Lilly is not a great fielder or anything. Kotsay equal pinch hitter; Dayan 3B/DH; Teahen DH; Omar 3B most of the time.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
Even Kotsay should understand a reduced role. He doesn't deserve to play. He can pinch hit. Send down Lilly. Why in the world do we need Lilly up here now that we have Teahen back.

Because Brent can play many positions and run very fast, Kotsay on the other hand would serve ZERO purpose (aside from designated towel snapper and cup hat distributor) with Teahen returning to the team. Anything Kotsay can do Teahen can do and in a lot of cases much better.

Pinch hitters seriously have so little value in the AL and even then. Hence whey Lenny Harris and Mark Sweeney made their living in the NL.