Athletics (Braden 5-7, 3.77) @ White Sox (Danks 11-7, 3.23)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
why is it demeaning? seriously, i don't know.

It's diminutive, meant to exert his control over the booth and his partner. It's the same behavior that led him to mock Wimpy out of town. Besides that, they're grown men calling a major league baseball broadcast. I guess it's not enough for Hawk to sound like a loop.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
Beckham continues to have absolutely no ability to field plays that he dives on. A's up and threatening for more.

Doesn't help when Danks has given up 4 hits in 1.1

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
It's diminutive, meant to exert his control over the booth and his partner. It's the same behavior that led him to mock Wimpy out of town. Besides that, they're grown men calling a major league baseball broadcast. I guess it's not enough for Hawk to sound like a loop.

eh i don't know. if i were to bet... he's fine with it. i just don't see someone with an ego like Steve Stone letting that go if he was against it.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)

I thought it was just his nickname...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
Jeez, just a dreadful start so far by Danks. Every pitch is hanging right over the heart of the plate. A's about to blow this wide open. As of 6:30PM today, today has really sucked.

Fathom, buddy...as a guy with a kid on the way...deep breaths...deep breaths man...