Athletics (Braden 5-7, 3.77) @ White Sox (Danks 11-7, 3.23)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
Wow, as Hawk said, no momentum going right now. Caught in the hyperboles after the deadline passed, you have to wonder what the impact of no trades will be on the team's psyche? Besides Konerko, almost everyone was saying they were hoping to see additions. I know the usual posters will say there's none and others will say there's a lot.

They did add Edwin Jackson. Albeit, they wanted a bat, I think they know they are a pretty quality club. I still won't write them out of tonights game. Albeit, it doesn't look good.

We were overdue for one of these type games, just didn't expect it to be while Danks was on the mound, giving up the biggest part.

Oh well, strangely, even though the Twins are breathing down our necks, I'm not concerned with this one tonight.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 01:23 AM)
That's why we needed to get a bat. So we didn't have to watch Thai piece lf s*** Andruw Jones. He fing blows. It's a stikeout or ground ball every at bat and then once every two weeks he hits a HR. He is done an has no buisness in this lineup or any other. BS

Yep, it's very disappointing

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
We were overdue for one of these type games, just didn't expect it to be while Danks was on the mound, giving up the biggest part.

Oh well, strangely, even though the Twins are breathing down our necks, I'm not concerned with this one tonight.

I understand losing and the fact we won't win every game. But we look hopeless up there. No one has had a good at bat all night. And it is something I hate seeing. This is the team that was so bad that started the season batting right now. It's frustrating that's all.