Athletics (Braden 5-7, 3.77) @ White Sox (Danks 11-7, 3.23)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
Funny stat: the player with the most home runs against Tampa over the last year and a half is....Nick Swisher. Guess he really was upset to not be in the lineup against them in the 2008 postseason.

LOL, he'd have struck out almost every at bat.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 02:37 AM)
It sickens me that I can't get excited. Soon as Teahen comes back it's a wrap for Dayan.

That would sicken me as well. He's hit the ball just as hard as anyone else since he's been up. He also gives great balance to the bottom of the lineup to go along with Beckham swinging well. Jones needs to be used to give Rios some days off in CF, as Rios has really slowed down since the ASB.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
That would sicken me as well. He's hit the ball just as hard as anyone else since he's been up. He also gives great balance to the bottom of the lineup to go along with Beckham swinging well. Jones needs to be used to give Rios some days off in CF, as Rios has really slowed down since the ASB.

Actually, Rios is still hitting .305 since the AS break.

The difference is that all of Rios's power came in May (1.106 OPS, 8 HR).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)
Actually, Rios is still hitting .305 since the AS break.

The difference is that all of Rios's power came in May (1.106 OPS, 8 HR).

Like you said, no power, bad base running, and some defensive miscues. Not saying he's been awful, but he seems a step slower all around. I wonder if anyone knows what his line drive percentage was pre/post?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Like you said, no power, bad base running, and some defensive miscues. Not saying he's been awful, but he seems a step slower all around. I wonder if anyone knows what his line drive percentage was pre/post?

LykrX.png