Sox fine as-is?

SouthsideDon48

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
Yeah, counting the Twins or us out in the division right now is silly. I think it's basically a coin flip as to which of us make the playoffs as currently constructed.

I like our team better, especially considering I think we'll add Manny in about 3 weeks...but they never go away...so it will be a battle.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
It wasn't just him. I've seen quite a few posts talk about how the Twins won't stick around because of their pitching (mainly starters).

Yeah, they have the advantage on O, us with our arms...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
Maybe on paper but they've given up 1 less run than us all year and played 1 more game.

Look at the ballpark they play in and the one we play in, and you'll see that such a stat actually proves we have noticeably better pitching.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
I did. What does the nickname come from?

Check your PM box.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Look at the ballpark they play in and the one we play in, and you'll see that such a stat actually proves we have noticeably better pitching.

That's fine and dandy but they still get to pitch in their park the rest of the way (half the time) and not on a neutral field.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
That's fine and dandy but they still get to pitch in their park the rest of the way (half the time) and not on a neutral field.

Indeed. But that doesn't change the fact that the runs needed to win a game in their park and at ours is way different due to how the places play, so more than total runs allowed needs to be looked at.