White Sox make no last minute deals

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
I think your opinion is clear man. What if Jackson goes 10-0 with a 0.00 ERA. wha wha bad move is the ONLY ceiling wha wha. Talk about beating a dead horse, and it's only an opinion, not even gospel.

Yeah, because a guy with a career WHIP of 1 and a half just screams soon to be stud. He's just a guy, and one that costs a pretty high amount of money at that. We were trying to use him to get Dunn, and it didn't work, so we're stuck with him. Sucks, but that's what happened.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
Should we do this with the good moves too?

Yes of course. We should all just forget about the good moves and bad moves.

for chrissakes everyone has been whining about Thome for 7 months going on 8. he is gone, he aint coming back. Get over it already. It would be nice to have him now, I get it, i have heard it ad nauseum. There is nothing that can be done outside of hiring Doc Brown or Uncle Rico for their time machines.

I wish our manager wasn't an idiot when it comes to offense, a platoon of Dayan and Thome at DH would be nice right about now.

I'll take a vote. First 10 votes will win.

Should I continue defending Ozzie in posts like this or not and just give up?

We are in first place. We are 19-1 at home in our last 20 games.

Why is Ozzie an idiot? Do you think we just win without his input at all???

Thome did not get universal support on here last year. I love the guy but he did have some faults as well. I do love Jim Thome but we are in first place with a team that shows heart.

Our manager is an idiot when it comes to offense? I think the record shows otherwise.

And I am all for Viciedo as regular DH.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
Ok, and? its over. Thome is a twin.

It's really hard for some of us to get over it when it was literally the easiest decision any organization could make and we still somehow made the wrong one.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
Like who? The Rays? Dunn would've been an upgrade. But that team is arguably the best in baseball. They don't need Dunn like we need Dunn. They or a team like the Giants could've easily landed him had they wanted to.

Well, if they are even better than we are, and getting Dunn would have assured them some form of Postseason success, then shame on them even more.

Having all those great pieces in the minor leagues and not sparing one for the sake of a possible World Series trophy...

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
In this economy, teams are going to be less likely to pick guys off waivers in fear of taking on the rest of the contract.

Yeah, the incredibly expensive guys, not the ones with maybe a million dollars left on their deal like LaRoche and Scott. The Orioles aren't just going to dump Scott off on someone if he's claimed, same should go for LaRoche, they have far more value than that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
I'll take a vote. First 10 votes will win.

Should I continue defending Ozzie in posts like this or not and just give up?

We are in first place. We are 19-1 at home in our last 20 games.

Why is Ozzie an idiot? Do you think we just win without his input at all???

Thome did not get universal support on here last year. I love the guy but he did have some faults as well. I do love Jim Thome but we are in first place with a team that shows heart.

Our manager is an idiot when it comes to offense? I think the record shows otherwise.

And I am all for Viciedo as regular DH.

I can't recall Kotsay doing anything in those 20 games to help this team win.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
I don't even post at futuresox anymore (and that's a shame, Ozzieball is the s***). But there's flat nothing worth following. Not even Chase Blackwood and Ryan Buch.

True, I've had a hard time thinking of something to talk about every week in JPNese. Even C.J. Retherford bums me out everytime I see him. He acts like he suffered amnesia in the offseason and forgot how to hit.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
13-9 for Detroit last year when they went to game 163, 14-11 for Tampa bay in 2008 in the year they went to the world series. He knows how to pitch in a pennant race.

Always nice when someone uses win loss record for a pitcher to try and make a point. If he knows how to pitch well in a pennant race then why was he so god damn awful in the 2nd half of last season?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
good point. continue repeating yourself

:lolhitting

I like your "it's over" defense. Just proves we screwed up. Why should anybody even post at this site? We have no control over any of this. Sports are just a waste of time in general, for that matter.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
Like I said; the only guys that will be out there are at least 1 of the the three: overpaid/underperforming/injured, usually at least 2 of those 3 apply and they're dumped or dealt for high upside low level guys.

Completely agree.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Like who? The Rays? Dunn would've been an upgrade. But that team is arguably the best in baseball. They don't need Dunn like we need Dunn. They or a team like the Giants could've easily landed him had they wanted to.

I don't get this. The Sox could have easily landed him too, but they said no to Viciedo. Its not that they didn't want to. I'm sure the Giants wanted to as well, but the asking price was too high. And the Giants really, really need a bat, way more than the Sox do.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
True, I've had a hard time thinking of something to talk about every week in JPNese. Even C.J. Retherford bums me out everytime I see him. He acts like he suffered amnesia in the offseason and forgot how to hit.

This is all the proof I need! When JPN is down on the system you KNOW IT f***ING SUCKS!

But the team won. I can't see how you and others can't see that something is working.

Not every slot in the order is going to produce.

I am all for dumping Kotsay. I want Viciedo as regular 3B/DH.

But he's here and I think our manager is doing a good job, yes even with the lineups. Like I said recently one South Sider told me he liked Ozzie for never giving up on the team like Lou gave up on the Cubs.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
:lolhitting

I like your "it's over" defense. Just proves we screwed up. Why should anybody even post at this site? We have no control over any of this. Sports are just a waste of time in general, for that matter.

His point is not to defend the team or the FO.

His point is that you are RUINING the chance of any good discussion when you keep rehashing all the old awful BS that has been talked about for the last 4 months.

Jesus Christ, this is the most sadistic and cynical fanbase in all of sports. One would think we have 57 titles or something.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Yeah, the incredibly expensive guys, not the ones with maybe a million dollars left on their deal like LaRoche and Scott. The Orioles aren't just going to dump Scott off on someone if he's claimed, same should go for LaRoche, they have far more value than that.

You just don't understand how waivers work.