White Sox make no last minute deals

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Wrong, it is that weak. Flowers, Viciedo and Hudson (before the trade) were the only three names you ever heard about from our side. Because there's flat nothing else after that. It's not perception. It's cold reality.

"were the only three names you ever heard about from our side."

Reporters don't tour the minor leagues. We have more than just those 3 names. Believe me.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
This is all the proof I need! When JPN is down on the system you KNOW IT f***ING SUCKS!

You don't even know the half of it. I could write a Grammy award winning blues album about it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
The ultimate deep pocket farm team on the planet walked away from Dunn.

The problem isn't not getting Dunn IMO. The problem is not getting any offensive help when we needed it badly, and trading one of the few prospects in our organization with any value for a big pile of mediocrity in Edwin Jackson. It's not completely hopeless since "Coop can fix him", but it was a bad deadline for KW.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
But the team won. I can't see how you and others can't see that something is working.

Not every slot in the order is going to produce.

I am all for dumping Kotsay. I want Viciedo as regular 3B/DH.

But he's here and I think our manager is doing a good job, yes even with the lineups. Like I said recently one South Sider told me he liked Ozzie for never giving up on the team like Lou gave up on the Cubs.

I never thought I would type these words: I completely agree with this post greg

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
I don't get this. The Sox could have easily landed him too, but they said no to Viciedo. Its not that they didn't want to. I'm sure the Giants wanted to as well, but the asking price was too high. And the Giants really, really need a bat, way more than the Sox do.

What don't you get? A deeper system and maybe they would've wanted something besides Dayan? Or maybe you could afford to deal Dayan? Dayan is more valuable to us than he would be to other teams because he's just about all we have left. And I'm with guys like fathom. I'm thinking Tyler Flowers isn't quite the prospect we think he is. And more importantly I think the White Sox don't think he's that great a prospect.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
"were the only three names you ever heard about from our side."

Reporters don't tour the minor leagues. We have more than just those 3 names. Believe me.

do share...outside of Morel and Sale, there's no one playing in our minor leagues right now that has much value at all.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
His point is not to defend the team or the FO.

His point is that you are RUINING the chance of any good discussion when you keep rehashing all the old awful BS that has been talked about for the last 4 months.

Jesus Christ, this is the most sadistic and cynical fanbase in all of sports. One would think we have 57 titles or something.

We've won as many World Series in the last 92 years as we've lost on purpose. Why wouldn't we be sadistic and cynical?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Jesus Christ, this is the most sadistic and cynical fanbase in all of sports. One would think we have 57 titles or something.

Let's not flatter our Website (I can call it "our website can't I) too much.

This is one portion of rabid fandom. I think there are plenty of fans not as "crazy" as ones on here.

Since we had to give up Beckham or Viciedo I am glad we made no deals. I just hope in the offseason KW resists trading those two guys again.

Jackson's babip has been up this year.

The rest of his peripherals have been pretty good. If the White Sox have a reason to believe that he has a problem that can be fixed, this could be one of the best pick ups ever. If they dont really believe that and it was to just flip him, it may be a disaster.

Obviously its hard to tell which is true, but I think that the Sox wanted jackson and were hoping to get a hitter as well. The Sox will need a guy with electric stuff, and Jackson could ft the bill.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
In this economy, teams are going to be less likely to pick guys off waivers in fear of taking on the rest of the contract.

You are correct, but guys like LaRoche and Scott aren't making a ton of money and they aren't owed money for years to come.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
What don't you get? A deeper system and maybe they would've wanted something besides Dayan? Or maybe you could afford to deal Dayan? Dayan is more valuable to us than he would be to other teams because he's just about all we have left. And I'm with guys like fathom. I'm thinking Tyler Flowers isn't quite the prospect we think he is. And more importantly I think the White Sox don't think he's that great a prospect.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see AJP and Castro brought back, and Flowers traded this offseason.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)

You're still not explaining to us why the Giants or Rays didn't part with any of their 19 5-star prospects to acquire Dunn, since they have so much depth that they can deal them away without flinching...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)

What's not to love about a .220 hitting strikeout machine in AAA?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Jackson's babip has been up this year.

The rest of his peripherals have been pretty good. If the White Sox have a reason to believe that he has a problem that can be fixed, this could be one of the best pick ups ever. If they dont really believe that and it was to just flip him, it may be a disaster.

Obviously its hard to tell which is true, but I think that the Sox wanted jackson and were hoping to get a hitter as well. The Sox will need a guy with electric stuff, and Jackson could ft the bill.

You're speaking in incredible hyperbole today, badger. Optimism is fine, but one of the best pick ups ever? And even if Jackson is good, our offense still isn't good enough.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)

I understand that our system is weak. You just said that the Rays/Giants could have made the trade if they really wanted to. Obviously thats not true, cause they didn't wanna match the Nationals asking price, as the Sox didn't. If we had better prospects behind Dayan, it still doesn't mean that KW would have traded him for Dunn anyway.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Jesus Christ, this is the most sadistic and cynical fanbase in all of sports.

Maybe, but the fact is that this dh spot is one of the bigger debacles I can ever remember when it comes to a competing team in baseball. Everyone in the f***in world except our brilliant management knew this was going to be a complete disaster. Then we heard that if that stupid idea failed then Kenny would for sure take care of it by the deadline, low and behold it's passed 3 o'clock on July 31st and we're stuck with the same bulls***. Whether anybody likes it or not, people have a right to be pissed about this and it goes back to spring training.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
This is all the proof I need! When JPN is down on the system you KNOW IT f***ING SUCKS!

That also could be an indictment of my over optimism about the minor leaguers, but, oh well. C.J. swung wildly at a ball 4 feet out of the strike zone last night, I thought I suffered an aneurysm when I saw that.