Why so much animosity against White?

sox-r-us

IMHO, I think he genuinely wants this team to win the whole thing. So he pointed out something we Sox fans have been saying for years.

Manuel does tend to burn through his bullpen and is very wierd in the way he handles bull pens throughout his tenure here with the Sox.

He does the same thing with the batting line ups too, which is why we all call him tinkeroo.

Now, I know White has not been stellar for us, but if you look at the last month or so, he has been excellent except for one outing (the one against the riyals in game 1). Everyone is due a bad game here and there, and I think he is key to our success down the stretch.

I actually agree with White's assessment of Manuel's bullpen handling. Case in point, last night why would you not let Ginter finish it up. Why waste Koch last night. Agreed Koch has had his problems, but there was no need to use him yesterday in a blowout.

Secondly, in a 19 day stretch, when we were losing a lot of games, Glover was never used.

Believe me, Marte and Gordon might lose an arm one of these days. For God's sake, Manuel used Gordon and Marte even when we were blowing KC away in game 1 against the Royals.

He needs to learn to rest some of the bullpen folks when a game is one-sided either way.

I just do not get the animosity towards White just because he is being honest. I rather have players being honest than giving me BS cliches all the time.

He cares, so he speaks up .....and he gets ripped by everyone.....in favor of a manager who it seems until recently did not care for anything in all of your opinions. At least White cares......hasn't the argument against Manuelk always been he does not care neither do any of these White Sox players (during the corpse stretch early int he season?)

I just do not get the animosity towards White just because he is being honest. I rather have players being honest than giving me BS cliches all the time.

How about the animosity for his high e.r.a. and his desire to blame someone other than himself?

For God's sake, Manuel used Gordon and Marte even when we were blowing KC away in game 1 against the Royals.

Thats cuz he pitched Rick White first... ;)

Yeah but you can bring in Wunsch or Ginter or Koch then right with a 3 run lead? Why use Marte and Gordon every game?

I know these are big games but when you are leading by 3, it is not needed immediately

IMHO, I think he genuinely wants this team to win the whole thing. So he pointed out something we Sox fans have been saying for years.

Manuel does tend to burn through his bullpen and is very wierd in the way he handles bull pens throughout his tenure here with the Sox.

He does the same thing with the batting line ups too, which is why we all call him tinkeroo.

Now, I know White has not been stellar for us, but if you look at the last month or so, he has been excellent except for one outing (the one against the riyals in game 1). Everyone is due a bad game here and there, and I think he is key to our success down the stretch.

I actually agree with White's assessment of Manuel's bullpen handling. Case in point, last night why would you not let Ginter finish it up. Why waste Koch last night. Agreed Koch has had his problems, but there was no need to use him yesterday in a blowout.

Secondly, in a 19 day stretch, when we were losing a lot of games, Glover was never used.

Believe me, Marte and Gordon might lose an arm one of these days.  For God's sake, Manuel used Gordon and Marte even when we were blowing KC away in game 1 against the Royals.

He needs to learn to rest some of the bullpen folks when a game is one-sided either way.

He cares, so he speaks up .....and he gets ripped by everyone.....in favor of a manager who it seems until recently did not care for anything in all of your opinions. At least White cares......hasn't the argument against Manuelk always been he does not care neither do any of these White Sox players (during the corpse stretch early int he season?)

I agree somewhat. My main problem with White is that he went to the media and said his s***. If u got a problem with the manager go to him. I get sick of these grown men crying to the media when they don't agree with something. Be a man and go to Jerry like a man and tell him what u think. And yes...Other then the Tampa Bay game and the 3 run hr he gave up on Tuesday he has been pitching better...

Believe me, Marte and Gordon might lose an arm one of these days.  For God's sake, Manuel used Gordon and Marte even when we were blowing KC away in game 1 against the Royals.

I understand your point, and to some degree it is true, but when you speak up like White, then proceed to get ripped in your next 2 appearances afterwards, you aren't gonna be winning any fans over. He has been bad against TB and KC, with 7 ER in 2 IP max. Just because a player "cares" doesnt mean that he gets the benefit of the doubt when he pitches s***ty.

If he really "cared" about the team winning, why would be bash the teams manager to the media, before ever speaking to the manager about it? I think White is frustrated with his performance, has little control of his emotions, and took it out on Jerry at the wrong time, to the wrong source. Does he reall CARE about the sox?

I understand your point, and to some degree it is true, but when you speak up like White, then proceed to get ripped in your next 2 appearances afterwards, you aren't gonna be winning any fans over. He has been bad against TB and KC, with 7 ER in 2 IP max. Just because a player "cares" doesnt mean that he gets the benefit of the doubt when he pitches s***ty.

I wonder how Paul Konerko was a supposed leader then since he spoke so much but did nothing to back it up other than one half of a season last year

IP H R ER BB K

7/26 2 1/3 6 5 5 2 0

7/29 2/3 3 3 3 0 0

His outing before the comments, and his outing after the comments.

I don't think many of us really disagreed with what he said. We, at least I, just have a problem with him taking it to the media during a winning streak.

I wonder how Paul Konerko was a supposed leader then since he spoke so much but did nothing to back it up other than one half of a season last year

Hmm...I may be wrong here, but I'm not, but PK hasn't said ANYTHING about why he was struggling this year. HE made no excuses, put all the blame on himself, didn't piss and moan when he wasnt playing. He handled it like a professional, something Rick White could learn. PK knew it was all on him, and even admitted it.

I don't think many of us really disagreed with what he said. We, at least I, just have a problem with him taking it to the media during a winning streak.

I agree 100% mreye. If it was Damaso on a losing streak, it wouldnt bother me. But its Rick White on a winning streak. Just shut the hell up!

you know... not EVERY pitcher can have sub 3 ERA's and be badass.. It just doesnt happen

White is just not having a good year theres not much we can do aboutit but hope he gets his s*** straight. Till then there is no use complaining about him because he is gonna pitch how he pitches and thats all.

Obviously we arent trading him and he is gonna be sticking around.