Gamethread: White Sox (58-45) vs A's (52-51) 1:05PM WGN/WSCR

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
I wonder fairly often why guys like Ortiz/Thome who get the overshift don't push a bunt down the 3b line 5 times a year. If you get it past the pitcher it's a guaranteed hit, could even be a freaking double, and it's like a free 5 hits a year.

Ortiz was looking to bunt yesterday before he hit his game winning 3 RBI double.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
I wonder fairly often why guys like Ortiz/Thome who get the overshift don't push a bunt down the 3b line 5 times a year. If you get it past the pitcher it's a guaranteed hit, could even be a freaking double, and it's like a free 5 hits a year.

This is a smart baseball play and i have no idea why no one does it either.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Thunderbolt, tell me you don't get a kick out of the "that's so gay" commercial on the A's Comcast channel...;)

I'd be lying to you if i said i didn't. :D Extra Innings has introduced me to so many great ads. Have you seen the doctors ad they show out west, with the doctor talking about caring for his patients like he cares for his family, that finishes with one of his kids on his lap saying, "Daddy's baby girl!" In the creepiest way possible?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
This is a smart baseball play and i have no idea why no one does it either.

Probably cuz the last time Thome was asked to drop a bunt was in little league, 1971

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
I'd be lying to you if i said i didn't. :D Extra Innings has introduced me to so many great ads. Have you seen the doctors ad they show out west, with the doctor talking about caring for his patients like he cares for his family, that finishes with one of his kids on his lap saying, "Daddy's baby girl!" In the creepiest way possible?

Oh yes...I also hate how when you're watching the Twins games you have to learn about every damn one of their 10000 lakes, described by cheese dick Dick Bremer.