Daniel Hudson watch thread

fathom

I'll miss Huddy. Jackson makes us better this year and has some upside, but Huddy was a nice piece and there is no denying the Sox paid a steap steap price. I don't know if I agree with the trade, I understand the idea of getting Jackson, but we'll see what happens.

I'll root for Huddy and I'll root for Edwin.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was played in Citi Field in NYC, which is a pitcher's park.

OTOH...we can kinda make the "going to a stronger league and to an even better power hitter's park" argument for why Jackson isn't going to improve.

Except Jackson has been pretty good against the AL in his career.

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)
Huddy also hit a 2-run double.

Good way to start off for a new team.

Not to nitpick, but it was a single with an error on the throw home, which allowed him to advance to second. I think the other RBI must have come on a ground out or something.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)
Not to nitpick, but it was a single with an error on the throw home, which allowed him to advance to second. I think the other RBI must have come on a ground out or something.

Ahhh... I got the info from an Arizona newspaper. Hometown spin I guess.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 06:24 PM)
This game was played in Citi Field in NYC, which is a pitcher's park.

OTOH...we can kinda make the "going to a stronger league and to an even better power hitter's park" argument for why Jackson isn't going to improve.

Oh, I thought he was referring to the trade itself and not just this particular game.

YOu just can't compare numbers. Pitching in that division vs pitching in the AL, especially when there is absolutely NO pressure on Hudson like there was in his starts here. He can just let it all go and go out and pitch with Arizona because they aren't going to be in anything anytime soon. So it's a really nice situation for him.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 06:24 PM)
YOu just can't compare numbers. Pitching in that division vs pitching in the AL, especially when there is absolutely NO pressure on Hudson like there was in his starts here. He can just let it all go and go out and pitch with Arizona because they aren't going to be in anything anytime soon. So it's a really nice situation for him.

However, Edwin Jackson struggled mightily under that same situation. All the excuses that were made for why Jackson was so bad (Arizona air, bad Arizona defense) count too.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 02:39 AM)
Second start...

7.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB's, 4 K's. 96 pitches, 63 strikes.

He and Garland had a nice little pitchers duel. Hudson lowered his ERA overall to 3.73

Would you look at that...

I hope EJax outpitches him on Monday.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
However, Edwin Jackson struggled mightily under that same situation. All the excuses that were made for why Jackson was so bad (Arizona air, bad Arizona defense) count too.

That's fine. I'm just saying you can't say, "hey look at Hudson, he'd be awesome to have in our rotation now." Because the situations are so different.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
As much as I have been rooting for Hudson to do well, I am starting to turn against him because I am getting a little sick of my Dbacks friend texting me telling me "Thanks for giving us Hudson" I really hope EJax can dominate, so it will shut his ass up.

I'll take Jackson and a pennant race over Hudson and irrelevance.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
But Hudson and a pennant race you don't want?

Balta had some great posts in this thread IMO.

I think we overpaid for a salary dump player, but hopefully Jackson will continue to do well. He did pretty well in that first start for us.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 11:33 PM)
Balta had some great posts in this thread IMO.

I think we overpaid for a salary dump player, but hopefully Jackson will continue to do well. He did pretty well in that first start for us.

No one will be happier about Jackson shutting me up than me. We really need a stopper today to avoid losing 3/4 to the lowly Orioles.