The Stealth Elf does it again!

knightni

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha the Stealth Elf, love it. He's definitely improved his approach at the plate a thousand fold this season, it's actually enjoyable to watch him hit now. I just wish we'd keep him and DFA Kotsay when the time comes for that decision.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Admit it, self-appointed nickname guy, the Stealth Elf is exponentially better than The Bridge...

Why should I care? I don't freak out about what other people want to call players, so why does everyone else have to? Call him Lent Brillibrige for all I care, and it won't get under my skin.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Why should I care? I don't freak out about what other people want to call players, so why does everyone else have to? Call him Lent Brillibrige for all I care, and it won't get under my skin.

Jeesh, take a joke buddy....it obviously does get under your skin...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Jeesh, take a joke buddy....it obviously does get under your skin...

It gets under my skin that every time I call a player a name anything other than their birth name 3-4 people comment "Such a dumb name" "stop calling him that" "give it up". Yeah, THAT gets under my skin because it's annoying. Don't like any of the nicknames i say? Great, sounds like it's pretty easy thing to ignore. I ignore every time I see the "Klutchsay" nickname. I think it's pretty dumb, but you know what, if it makes that person happy to say it, then that's fine, I don't need to start a fight.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
It gets under my skin that every time I call a player a name anything other than their birth name 3-4 people comment "Such a dumb name" "stop calling him that" "give it up". Yeah, THAT gets under my skin because it's annoying. Don't like any of the nicknames i say? Great, sounds like it's pretty easy thing to ignore. I ignore every time I see the "Klutchsay" nickname. I think it's pretty dumb, but you know what, if it makes that person happy to say it, then that's fine, I don't need to start a fight.

Umm, I can understand.

But then you came in this thread with your THE BRIDGE schtick, so you have to expect to take some s*** for that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
Umm, I can understand.

But then you came in this thread with your THE BRIDGE schtick, so you have to expect to take some s*** for that.

How? It was a thread about Lillbridge kicking ass today, and that's what I call him. I would have called him the same thing during the game today after his 3-run triple had I been at my computer at the time. If using his nickname is "my schtick" then fine, I'll be using "my schtick" all year with Hot Fire, The Bridge, Q-uperman, G-Force, and any other nicknames I may start using this year.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
How? It was a thread about Lillbridge kicking ass today, and that's what I call him. I would have called him the same thing during the game today after his 3-run triple had I been at my computer at the time. If using his nickname is "my schtick" then fine, I'll be using "my schtick" all year with Hot Fire, The Bridge, Q-uperman, G-Force, and any other nicknames I may start using this year.

And that is your right.

Just expect to catch s*** for it all year too.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
I shouldn't have to, but sure, if it makes you guys feel better to be a broken record, then fine.

Come on man, I'm not trying to pick on you...but when you call famous athletes nicknames that only you refer to them by, people are going to give you s***...it's just the way life works...

I think you guys ride Coolman a little bit too hard. So he likes Hot Fire , there's no harm in that. I still like calling Tank Hollywood in the best Chris Berman tradition of nicknames. But I know it won't stick because Tank fits him much better .

Lillibridge's swing on the triple reminded me a lot of Konerko's swing when he goes to right . It was short and sweet .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside