August White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
No way they're getting that high. They're at 26,400 right now. They'd have to average 31,500 to get to 28ish. There's still series at home against the Orioles and Royals coming up, along with 3 final games against the Indians.

This past weekend against a DET team that is not in the race:

Now averaging 26901. NYY for 3 and BOS for 4 will be big, MIN 3 series will be big. DET shows it should be pretty big from what we just saw, have 3 against them. KC not as much but its a weekend with fireworks, so that will be decent. The only series left that looks even remotely questionable are BAL for 3 mid-week, and the CLE series to end the year (but that could be big if the division goes to the wire).

They need to average about

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
This past weekend against a DET team that is not in the race:

Now averaging 26901. NYY for 3 and BOS for 4 will be big, MIN 3 series will be big. DET shows it should be pretty big from what we just saw, have 3 against them. KC not as much but its a weekend with fireworks, so that will be decent. The only series left that looks even remotely questionable are BAL for 3 mid-week, and the CLE series to end the year (but that could be big if the division goes to the wire).

They need to average about

Hey White Sox? You want to prove NSS right and me wrong?

SWEEP THE DAMN TWINS!

As nice as today's been going for me, I think getting proven wrong on this one would fit nicely on the list.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
Why they scheduled Frank Thomas day when the Yankees were in town instead of the Royals I'll never know.

Absolutely dumbfounding. The Friday game of the Yankees series is Blackhawks night, with miniature Stanley Cup replicas as the giveaways. Another promotion that should be scheduled when the Royals/Orioles are in town, not when the guaranteed to sell out Yankees are in.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Absolutely dumbfounding. The Friday game of the Yankees series is Blackhawks night, with miniature Stanley Cup replicas as the giveaways. Another promotion that should be scheduled when the Royals/Orioles are in town, not when the guaranteed to sell out Yankees are in.

Hell, against the Royals they could have sent Frank up for an at bat or two...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)

Not to mention the fact that a large percentage of the crowd will be Yankee fans.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)

When Johnny "Ugly" Dickshot joined the White Sox in 1944, he was a 34-year-old journeyman who hadn't played in the majors since 1939. But in 1945, he finished third in the American League batting race with a .302 average ... and never played in the majors again. Such was wartime baseball.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Last night was as close as I've come to muting the TV during the game.

Hawk is just unbearable, and it's even worse in big games. There's a huge difference between rooting for the team and being an outright, ignorant homer.

Worse yet, there are plenty of fans that buy into his argument that one pitch or one call lost the game for the Sox. As the majority here realize, that wasn't the storyline last night.

Since this has been the topic of conversation on the Score the past 30 minutes, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

I can't stand Hawk and the way he harps on a single "mistake" the entire game/series/season. In fact, there are many things that I can't stand about Hawk, but the bold part is the absolute worst part about him. He breeds and perpetuates ignorance on a large scale. I cannot stand that.

Is anyone else really getting tired of Hawk as of late? He can't judge the distance of a fly ball at all anymore. Every semi-deep fly ball, he's yelling "stretch, stretch" and then "dagummit". Last night, he was talking so highly of Mauer you'd have thought he was his son. Every time there's a chance that a double play may get broken up and it doesn't he's grouching "dagummit".

How did he react to Thome's HR last night?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
Is anyone else really getting tired of Hawk as of late? He can't judge the distance of a fly ball at all anymore. Every semi-deep fly ball, he's yelling "stretch, stretch" and then "dagummit". Last night, he was talking so highly of Mauer you'd have thought he was his son. Every time there's a chance that a double play may get broken up and it doesn't he's grouching "dagummit".

How did he react to Thome's HR last night?

All I can remember is about 30 seconds of silence while the crowd erupted.