DH Game 1: Buehrle (9-8, 4.15 ERA) v Porcello (4-9, 5.50 ERA)

BigSqwert

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
Furcal is actually closing fast...this is the issue with UZR...it is very dependent on a player's opportunities out of his zone...

I meant among AL shortstops. I think Furcal deserves the award in the NL. Nobody in the AL is close. And that includes Andrus, who I've been in love with for about three years.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
I meant among AL shortstops. I think Furcal deserves the award in the NL. Nobody in the AL is close. And that includes Andrus, who I've been in love with for about three years.

Actually I was looking at the wrong stat, as Balta pointed out.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
I had never really looked that deeply into the fangraphs website for some crazy reason, but this is great stuff.

I'm trying to avoid going to that site, cause I feel once I start, I won't stop and that will be my bible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)
You knew chw42 was going to pop up when advanced defensive metrics came up. lol. Which one do you like better? UZR or DRS?

I like both equally as much. They both have their advantages.

DRS is better in-season. Updated more frequently, also is better for evaluating 1B (they count scoops) and outfielders (it counts how many home runs you rob). UZR is more complicated IMO and is better to look at to evaluate entire seasons. Plus, it's better for talent evaluations over a long period of time.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
Fangraphs, along with the MLB network, are the two greatest things to happen to baseball fans EVER!

Yeah I have MLB Network on basically all the time, particularly during the evening once the Sox game ends/before it starts. Looks like I will be on fangraphs a lot as I watch it from now on.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
Fangraphs, along with the MLB network, are the two greatest things to happen to baseball fans EVER!

With Cot's contracts, FanGraphs, and Baseball-Reference, you are set.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Not sure. But I'm certain you can find out at baseballreference.

I haven't yet figured out a good way to use B-R to compare the full list of people within a season or over their career like I can with some other sites.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
Yeah I have MLB Network on basically all the time, particularly during the evening once the Sox game ends/before it starts. Looks like I will be on fangraphs a lot as I watch it from now on.

My wife complains I have MLB Network on too much. I love that channel. Their live look-ins are awesome. Danny Sac is pretty decent as well.