DH Game 1: Buehrle (9-8, 4.15 ERA) v Porcello (4-9, 5.50 ERA)

BigSqwert

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
I'm going to give the Gold Glove award one last shot. If Lexi doesn't get it, the award is dead to me forever.

I think his high error count as compared to other guys in the AL like Jeter/Izturis will hurt him in the end. He clearly deserves it, as he has been simply amazing out there, but voting for this award is horrible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
I'm going to give the Gold Glove award one last shot. If Lexi doesn't get it, the award is dead to me forever.

Yeah if he loses the gold glove (particularly to Jeter), I might just snap.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
I think his high error count as compared to other guys in the AL like Jeter/Izturis will hurt him in the end. He clearly deserves it, as he has been simply amazing out there, but voting for this award is horrible.

How does Jeter even get votes? He has no range over there.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)

They should just abolish the damn award. The voters have made a mockery out of what was once a legitimate accomplishment.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)

Alexei's had so many more chances than those guys it's not even funny. 511 versus 362/372 coming into today.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
Ahh, so it's already started.

Anybody know where Alexei ranks metrically among SS's defensively? I'm thinking more specifically in relationship to Andrus, but in general as well.

Which metric do you want?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
Isn't it voted on by the players and coaches?

Yeah, I should've been more specific. And to whitesoxfan 101, it's not even close. Alexei is pwning his position defensively. Go to fangraphs.

Edit: Shack, it's actually managers and coaches. Had to double check.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
Ahh, so it's already started.

Anybody know where Alexei ranks metrically among SS's defensively? I'm thinking more specifically in relationship to Andrus, but in general as well.

He has a 15.2 UZR. Tops in baseball by a hair over Furcal. Andrus is a 2.2 UZR.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
Last time I checked it was.

Jackson also has the second highest LD% in baseball at 26.5%, whether or not that's sustainable I'm not so sure, but it's not like he's not squaring up the ball and just getting extremely lucky. He also has a 9.8% infield hit percentage thanks to his speed, so his BABIP should be a little elevated, even if that .422 is bound to drop at some point.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
Yeah, I should've been more specific. And to whitesoxfan 101, it's not even close. Alexei is pwning his position defensively. Go to fangraphs.

Furcal is actually closing fast...this is the issue with UZR...it is very dependent on a player's opportunities out of his zone...