DH Game 1: Buehrle (9-8, 4.15 ERA) v Porcello (4-9, 5.50 ERA)

BigSqwert

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Allsox @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
I agree with everything except the platoon at DH, CQ is a guy you ride when he's on fire. Think you meant platoon Tank with Vizquel at 3B, right?

Yeah I'd probably put Carlos in RF and DH Dayan vs. lefties, DH Carlos and put Teahen in RF vs. righties, and have Omar at 3rd as much as possible. I didn't read his post close enough to notice Carlos and platoon together.

I have been checking game day back and forth as I have the chance. Now I love a 12-2 game and I don't want to seem like a complainer, but when you bring in a relief pitcher I think the role is to at least get that first guy out and not give up a run scoring hit. Linebrink might be rusty I suppose

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
Yeah I'd probably put Carlos in RF and DH Dayan vs. lefties, DH Carlos and put Teahen in RF vs. righties, and have Omar at 3rd as much as possible. I didn't read his post close enough to notice Carlos and platoon together.

Carlos is just not hitting lefties lately. If you want to let him play against lefties he has a good history against, fine, but he should never be playing in the field from what we have seen this year.

If anything, I would be inclined to break the platoon more for Viciedo to play against righties than for Carlos to play against lefties.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
What the heck do they players do on a split DH? They will have like 3:30 hours between the 2 games. XBox/PS3 tournament?

I know what Carlos does.

He practices his swing, because he works on his swing everywhere.

Everywhere.

Everywhere.

En todas.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
I know what Carlos does.

He practices his swing, because he works on his swing everywhere.

Everywhere.

Everywhere.

En todas.

Haha, I really liked that commercial.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
So.. I wonder what the lineup will be tonight by Ozzie. More Mark Kotsay?! Hell yes!

Hopefully another winning one as most of his lineups have been for quite some time now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
Carlos is just not hitting lefties lately. If you want to let him play against lefties he has a good history against, fine, but he should never be playing in the field from what we have seen this year.

If anything, I would be inclined to break the platoon more for Viciedo to play against righties than for Carlos to play against lefties.

I cannot argue that point. He's epically bad out there.

Edited by iamshack