DH Gamethread 2: White Sox (60-45) vs Tigers (52-53) 6:05PM CDT

Kyyle23

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
If you look at the line up, Konerko is playing DH. So if you want to sit Konerko in favor of Dayan, that would be an interesting argument.

As for Dayan starting at 3b, he hasnt been that great defensively (arguably a liability) and I believe the game Kalapse is referring to the other team was starting a lhp.

I want Dayan to get more at bats, I just think that the majority of those at bats should be coming from the DH spot, which is being used by Konerko tonight.

Konerko doesn't have to DH.

The "he's old" or "he's tired" argument goes out the window because 43 year old Omar Vizquel is playing third and will be playing there TWICE today.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Konerko doesn't have to DH.

The "he's old" or "he's tired" argument goes out the window because 43 year old Omar Vizquel is playing third and will be playing there TWICE today.

Precisely. If anything you could make the case for Carlos DHing.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Precisely. If anything you could make the case for Carlos DHing.

Anything to get Carlos to DH would be great. He looked so lost out there today.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
Anything to get Carlos to DH would be great. He looked so lost out there today.

Do you think it's realistic that he ever really will DH him? I doubt it. Ozzie seems to think that he needs to be on the field and not think about his AB's.

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
Do you think it's realistic that he ever really will DH him? I doubt it. Ozzie seems to think that he needs to be on the field and not think about his AB's.

His OPS on the season in the DH role and while playing RF are virtually identical.

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)

For all we know he is out there in RF thinking about his AB's, hence the routes he takes to some of those flyballs

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
His OPS on the season in the DH role and while playing RF are virtually identical.

Right. Just repeated what I heard someone on the Score say the other day when someone called in and asked about him DH'ing.

Regardless, I just don't see Ozzie doing it.