DH Gamethread 2: White Sox (60-45) vs Tigers (52-53) 6:05PM CDT

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
What a freakin' waste...only we'd find a way to breathe life into a s***tyass slumping team.

coming into today I would have been very happy with a DH split....especially if the twins lose

Edited by daa84

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
coming into today I would have been very happy with a DH split....especially if the twins lose

With Detroit's home record, I would agree. But this isn't the way I wanted to split. I'd prefer us to at least be competitive, and not run out a worn-tread 88mph throwing pitcher to put us in a crater sized hole from the start.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 11:47 PM)
Torres... Can you give us 5 innings and allow 7 runs or less?

It's still possible for us to get the offensive attack going and score a lot but f*** man - stop the f***ing bleeding

I wouldn't put money on that happening. But, if he can pitch to Peralta all night we might have a chance

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
This is also showing why we needed to keep Jackson or get another starter if he was flipped for Dunn, no major league ready starting pitching in the minors right now. Harrell was flat out lucky last Friday.

I was there and kept book...he's not the answer for sure but luck had nothing to do with that game. The kid kept the ball down and Rios made a nice play for him in center to save a 3 run double. Other than that the kid pitched his ass off. I do see your point though.

QUOTE (TheOcho @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
I may have missed it, and excuse my stupidity... but why did Carlos start this game and not Edwin who has had more then needed days of rest if I'm not mistaken.

Coop has the starts scheduled out for the rest of the season, and Ozzie didn't want to alter from the plan.

Got home to see the score. Carlos Torres sucks, and it was pretty pointless to start him tonight with Monday's off day. I don't know what they're teaching our pitchers in the minors, but they could start with having them throw strikes.