DH Gamethread 2: White Sox (60-45) vs Tigers (52-53) 6:05PM CDT

Kyyle23

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
Well, for a guy who belongs in the bullpen at best, 6 IP, 5 ER isn't awful. Awful lot better than Porcello, for example.

Wow. that isn't saying much

These guys have no business in the major leagues, period.

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
wtf is mark kotsay still doing in this team? and he starts both games today...

Assuming we have no more double headers the rest of the way, I could go without seeing Andruw start another game against RHP.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
Just like the Sox weren't going to do what they did over the last month and a half, right?

If the Sox lost half their lineup and a key part of their bullpen to injury, no, they wouldn't have gone on this kind of run.

Not a rant you'd expect to hear after your team just reeled off 36 of their last 47 games, but whatever.

[/quote

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree, no big deal

Tonight they look like they just lost 36 of the last 47.

And it will be the inability to put teams like this away that will ultimately cost them the division.

Hey, but like you said, whatever.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)
Twins tied it up...looks to be battle of bullpens

Doo doo poopie dipers.

Hopefully the rays win that battle of the bullpens and we touch the tigers pen up for 5!

We ca dooooooooo dooo it!!!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
If the Sox lost half their lineup and a key part of their bullpen to injury, no, they wouldn't have gone on this kind of run.

Well if Detroit is soooooooooooooooo bad, why are we losing?

There's no such thing in sports as a zero chance.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)

And it will be the inability to put teams like this away that will ultimately cost them the division.

If the current state of the White Sox is causing you stress, you probably need to never watch baseball again. It gets WAY worse than this. Being in first place, winning the first of a doubleheader and trailing 5-1 in the second shouldn't cause a major rant.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
I couldn't be less worried about Detroit.

I wasn't worried about playing last place Kansas City and second to last place Washington in 1967 in the last 5 games of the season either.

The Sox only had to win 3 of those and go to the series.

THEY LOST ALL 5

Don't tell me about not fearing any team.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
Well if Detroit is soooooooooooooooo bad, why are we losing?

There's no such thing in sports as a zero chance.

Because we called up a kid from the minors who really isn't all that good?

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
I wasn't worried about playing last place Kansas City and second to last place Washington in 1967 in the last 5 games of the season either.

The Sox only had to win 3 of those and go to the series.

THEY LOST ALL 5

Don't tell me about not fearing any team.

So, 5 games in 1967 illuminates the behavior of the injury-riddled Detroit Tigers in 2010 because...

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
If the current state of the White Sox is causing you stress, you probably need to never watch baseball again. It gets WAY worse than this. Being in first place, winning the first of a doubleheader and trailing 5-1 in the second shouldn't cause a major rant.

That's your opinion.

I'm free to vent any way I please.

Detroit is a lousy lousy team and the Sox should be putting teams like this away.

When they lose the division by 1 game, you'll be tortured by the memory of games and teams like this.

Edited by mcgrad70

Doesn't matter how you feel they looked during this one game - they've still won 36 out of their last 47, and that stretch is far more indicative and predictive of the kind of team we have than just this one game. And with the Sox beating Detroit four out of the five teams they've faced each other coming into this game, your point about putting teams away is.......what? You can't win 'em all, you know.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)

Put teams away?

It's one bloody game.

My word, this really is somewhat remarkable. You've actually got Fathom thinking you're jumping off the ledge for nothing.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)

Doesn't matter how you feel they looked during this one game - they've still won 36 out of their last 47, and that stretch is far more indicative and predictive of the kind of team we have than just this one game. And with the Sox beating Detroit four out of the five teams they've faced each other coming into this game, your point about putting teams away is.......what? You can't win 'em all, you know.

I've always thought that paranoid Reinsdorf and Boyer would have employees on chat rooms trying to spin...