DH Gamethread 2: White Sox (60-45) vs Tigers (52-53) 6:05PM CDT

Kyyle23

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
I've always thought that paranoid Reinsdorf and Boyer would have employees on chat rooms trying to spin...

Oh, I don't report to Boyer. No, no, no. Don't insult me! I go straight to the man with the ceeee-gar!

:bringit

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
If they dont win tomorrow it will have been a HUGE mistake throwing Torres out there for the second game. A split with the reeling Tigers? Come on....

They didn't have much of a choice.

QUOTE (beautox @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Konerko or viciedo wouldve had it ;)

I doubt Viciedo would have, Konerko would have at least kept it from going to the wall. I feel like Kotsay didn't even move towards the throw until it was on him.

Can somebody tell Pena the object is to keep the opposition at bay to give your team some kind of chance?

I don't think I've seen a reliever who puts more games out of reach than Tony Pena.

But fans rave about him and his near 5 ERA which is atrocious for reliever.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 01:23 AM)
Can somebody tell Pena the object is to keep the opposition at bay to give your team some kind of chance?

I don't think I've seen a reliever who puts more games out of reach than Tony Pena.

But fans rave about him and his near 5 ERA which is atrocious for reliever.

Who the hell raves about Tony Pena? The only thing he's good at is eating innings.

I hate how almost every manager has that guy he puts out there every day no matter how much he sucks.

Dusty Baker has Neifi Perez. Tony La Rusa has Skip Schumaker. Ozzie Guillen has Mark Kotsay...

I don't understand why we gave the start to Torres today. We've seen him a couple of times last year and pretty much know what kind of pitcher he is. Why not give a start to Marquez or even Harrell again, someone new, so we can gauge their makeup against big league hitting. Whatever at least we won the 1st game and like someone above me said didn't have to use any key bullpen guys tonight. Excited to see Jackson tomorrow.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 01:41 AM)
I don't understand why we gave the start to Torres today. We've seen him a couple of times last year and pretty much know what kind of pitcher he is. Why not give a start to Marquez or even Harrell again, someone new, so we can gauge their makeup against big league hitting. Whatever at least we won the 1st game and like someone above me said didn't have to use any key bullpen guys tonight. Excited to see Jackson tomorrow.

Harrell couldn't start because he was sent down less than ten days ago.