Carlos Delgado

chetkincaid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
If I remember correctly, he's turned down a trade to the Sox in the past. KW always gets his player eventually.

I don't recall exactly when it was, but I do recall that the Sox were well out of the playoff picture when he turned the trade down. I'm pretty sure it was late in 2004 after the wheels had fallen completely off the bus.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
I don't recall exactly when it was, but I do recall that the Sox were well out of the playoff picture when he turned the trade down. I'm pretty sure it was late in 2004 after the wheels had fallen completely off the bus.

Well it's not like he has 30 MLB teams vying for his services this time around. I bet he'd be ecstatic if the Sox offered him a minor league deal right now.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
I heard on Mulley and Hanley this morning that Delgado not only wants to play for a contending team, but he wants guaranteed playing time too.

He'd be lucky to play for a team that's out of it, let alone a contender. He's got to show he can hit in the minors and is ready before a team will or should commit to him.