Carlos Delgado

chetkincaid

QUOTE (buckweaver @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
To me, Manny Ramirez is the poster child for all that's wrong about the world's greatest game. I understand he can hit the crap out of a baseball and that's why he's to be considered. But steroids, arrogance and laziness are what he'll be remembered for the most. I'd really rather win without him...and maybe even rather lose without him than win with him.

well said, I'm with you. f*** Manny!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, Manny Ramirez is the poster child for all that's wrong about the world's greatest game. I understand he can hit the crap out of a baseball and that's why he's to be considered. But steroids, arrogance and laziness are what he'll be remembered for the most. I'd really rather win without him...and maybe even rather lose without him than win with him.

He's all that's wrong, but at the same time, all that is right. He's the epitome of Baseball's do's and don'ts ironically.

Wrong:

Steroid Taker

Careless about Teammates

Mood Swings

Extends Injuries

He's a Kid

Right:

Has Fun

Makes game fun for the fans

Won't give effort if he feels no one else is

Fun Approachable Guy

He's a Kid

To the casual fan, he's a good guy. To the intermediate fans on the website forums, he's a villain.

"Fat, stupid, and lazy is no way to go through life, son."

Poor example of a baseball player.

QUOTE (RudyLawRules @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
He gone!

Ken_Rosenthal:

Source: Carlos Delgado agrees to minor-league deal with #RedSox. Must be in majors by Sept. 1 or he can become free agent.

Can't blame him, with the Youk injury, he probably sees that as his best shot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
Can't blame him, with the Youk injury, he probably sees that as his best shot.

If the Red Sox make the playoffs, I'll vomit. Every other team, especially Tampa and New York, should be embarassed if they let a team full of scrubs into the playoffs.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
If the Red Sox make the playoffs, I'll vomit. Every other team, especially Tampa and New York, should be embarassed if they let a team full of scrubs into the playoffs.

Crazy as it may sound, if Bos makes it, I would guess the NYY don't. Now I think Tampa and NYY will make it, but Red Sox/NYY have a lot of games left, i believe, and outside Mariano their pen isn't spectacular.

Again, I fully expect NYY and Tampa to make it.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
Red Sox Agree To Deal With Carlos Delgado

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/08/red-...os-delgado.html

There's always Carl Everett . This also from MLB Trade rumors :Carl Everett is still playing baseball, hitting .276 with seven home runs for the Atlantic League's Newark Bears.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
There's always Carl Everett . This also from MLB Trade rumors :Carl Everett is still playing baseball, hitting .276 with seven home runs for the Atlantic League's Newark Bears.

There's no such thing as Bears. They don't exist. And, they shouldn't get married either.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)

Speaking of blasts from the past, I saw Randall Simon playing for the Gary Railcats.

Yes I made sure to call him the sausage king.

Carlos Delgado told Brian MacPherson of The Providence Journal that he and his agent spoke to the White Sox, Rockies, and Mariners before deciding to sign with the Red Sox. In a separate article, WEEI's DJ Bean writes that Delgado is more focused on winning a championship than anything else.

Interesting that Delgado chose the team in 3rd place over the team in 1st place if he is so focused on winning a championship