Under the Radar Sox prospects

bighurt4life

This is an article that I found through mlbtraderumors, it's an interview with our minor league hitting coordinator. If you go all the way through there's also a link to an interview with our minor league pitching instructor and some other good links at the bottom of the page. I took the article with a grain of salt, especially the stuff about Jim Gallager

http://www.thesportsbank.net/chicago-white...he-radar-names/

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
This is an article that I found through mlbtraderumors, it's an interview with our minor league hitting coordinator. If you go all the way through there's also a link to an interview with our minor league pitching instructor and some other good links at the bottom of the page. I took the article with a grain of salt, especially the stuff about Jim Gallager

http://www.thesportsbank.net/chicago-white...he-radar-names/

Marrero had an outstanding season last year, how in the hell do they consider what he's done this year to be progress? Christian would be happier if he was hitting like last year. Gallagher is a good ballplayer and I'm a fan, his ceiling would maybe be a Ross Gload type at most.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
Marrero had an outstanding season last year, how in the hell do they consider what he's done this year to be progress? Christian would be happier if he was hitting like last year. Gallagher is a good ballplayer and I'm a fan, his ceiling would maybe be a Ross Gload type at most.

Marrero is walking more and striking out less, even though he's not hitting as well. I'm sure he'd prefer to be hitting better, but the organization has to be encouraged that there is some progress rather than flat out stagnation, even if it is one step forward, one step backward.