Game Thread: White Sox (60-46) @ Detroit (53-53) 6:05pm CDT

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 02:41 AM)
I see and appreciate what you guys are saying, but I still think Ozzie played it right. He gave Jackson one at-bat, which he blew with the walk, and then he yanked him. Who's to say anyone from the bullpen would have done any better with just that one batter? We just saw what Putz had on hand tonight.

Personally, I'm a HUGE believer in letting a reliever start an inning when possible.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
How many hits does he have to give up in 4 innings before you agree he looks bad?

How is it you haven't paid any attention to the posts where I've given him credit, but you go after me every time I say something negative about him?

[/quote

IP 7 BB 0 R 0

Good enough for me to consider that he looked pretty good.

Thorton shuts it down right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
Personally, I'm a HUGE believer in letting a reliever start an inning when possible.

I'm usually with you on that one, Fathom. It was the pitch count and the score that lead me to think he deserved to at least face the first guy in the 8th.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)
I'm usually with you on that one, Fathom. It was the pitch count and the score that lead me to think he deserved to at least face the first guy in the 8th.

It's just the top of the 8th was so long.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
You should watch the stand-up special he took it from - Live at the Purple Onion, Zach Galifinakis

Yep, it's amazing! In recent specials, he's been using Dog the Bounty Hunter instead of Patrick Ewing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
It's just the top of the 8th was so long.

Yes, and I will admit I did not factor that as much as I probably should have when I made my proclamation that Edwin should start the 8th. Duly noted!