Game Thread: White Sox (60-46) @ Detroit (53-53) 6:05pm CDT

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
Does anyone else just love that Heineken commercial where the guy says "wanna learn how to play golf? Play with old guys. These raisins put it down the middle every time. They used to take our money...ever since Terry here slowed down my swing, I've adjusted to a more mature game. Now I'm taking back some of that cheese."

Best commercial....like....ever.

NO IDEA what you're talking about, but I'll be looking out for it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:53 AM)
He just needs to refine his slider and he can get by with two pitches.

Make him a 3-pitch pitcher with that change-up also. Lefties were hitting above .290 this season coming into the game off of him, so he needs something to keep them off-balanced.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
Make him a 3-pitch pitcher with that change-up also. Lefties were hitting above .290 this season coming into the game off of him, so he needs something to keep them off-balanced.

I bet if you could do double-splits on those you'd find that a lot of the damage lefties did was behind in the count. If he gets ahead of them in the count and rides it upwards like he did to Boesch 2 innings ago they won't have a shot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)

A straight Danks-esque change woulld be deadly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:55 AM)
I bet if you could do double-splits on those you'd find that a lot of the damage lefties did was behind in the count. If he gets ahead of them in the count and rides it upwards like he did to Boesch 2 innings ago they won't have a shot.

Agreed, as that slider seems to break right into the hitting plane of a lefty.

I dont have any inside information, but id venture a guess that Cooper told Jackson to quit worrying about strike outs and "wipe out" pitches, and to just throw strikes and see if hitters can beat him.

Especially with a lead, you make the other team beat you, you dont walk them and beat yourself.