AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Is Cooper a genius?

What a great Sox debut for Jackson. Very nice.

Paulie, CQ, Beckham, of course I have to mention Bobby. Easy, quck work of the Tigers in the ninth.

Jackson, Jackson, Jackson. Hope I'm wrong again. I hated the trade and ate s*** tonight.

At least he admitted it:

"Letting him go out there for that inning was my mistake -- he had been sitting too long," Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen said. "He was throwing 98 [mph] -- I didn't know he threw that hard -- but great pitching like that is the reason we got him."

ESPN

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
One thing everyone knows about Jackson... he always had the arm. Only one walk (last hitter.. and it was Miguel Cabrera who you can't even argue to not walk) is fantastic for him.

Although to lead off an inning, it's automatic death to walk someone, even Cabrera. It costs the Rays dearly tonight in the 13th.

It just breathes life into a dead offense, and if Thornton allows those two runs to score...Jenks gets the game in the 9th with a one run lead and God only knows what would have happened.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)
I honestly didn't know Jackson threw that friggin hard. Good lord. Ya think he'll be a good 5th starter!!! And Quinten's bomb...wow! Nice job tonight against a demoralized Tigers team.

I have been saying this since the trade....Edwin Jackson is rated by fangraphs as having the #4 average fastball velocity in MLB, behind only Jiminez,Verlander,and Jock Johnson. This aint no average arm out there on Edwin.

I loved how he froze Damon with that 97 mph fastball on the inside corner for a called third strike. Don't blink,Johnny.

QUOTE (Hawk09 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:41 AM)
I have been saying this since the trade....Edwin Jackson is rated by fangraphs as having the #4 average fastball velocity in MLB, behind only Jiminez,Verlander,and Jock Johnson. This aint no average arm out there on Edwin.

I loved how he froze Damon with that 97 mph fastball on the inside corner for a called third strike. Don't blink,Johnny.

Also saw an article on FanGraphs that shows Jackson is one of only a handful of pitchers in baseball whose fastball does not drop off in speed late in games.

He throws just as hard on pitch 90 as he does on pitch 1.

QUOTE (Hawk09 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:41 AM)

:huh:

Did the pitcher and singer have a kid?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
"I didn't know he threw that hard"

Isn't that something the manager should probably know?

Bah, there's a difference between knowing that a guy throws 97 and seeing it in person.

That said...the reason he should know it is that we faced Jackson several times in Detroit last year.