Game Thread: White Sox (61-46) @ Detroit (53-54) 12:05 CDT

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
This.

Plus the fact that it's become obvious Ozzie isn't going to change anything. And as frustrating as that may be, I'd personally find it frustrating to allow myself to get all up in arms over and over when you basically know in advance what to expect.

This team certainly can still play well and make the playoffs, and I actually tend to think they'll do both. But when you're playing an inferior player when they're are superior options, people are going to get pissed. Particularly in a close pennant race where every game is so big.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
This team certainly can still play well and make the playoffs, and I actually tend to think they'll do both. But when you're playing an inferior player when they're are superior options, people are going to get pissed. Particularly in a close pennant race where every game is so big.

And they have the right. But it just seems futile to me since it serves no purpose, especially when it gets brought up incessantly. I'd love for Kotsay to be DFA'd or at least play no more than once a week, but constantly moaning about it in every thread for the past weeks is just something I've realized serves no purpose except to get one's self riled up. I'm over it, we're winning and I've had a great summer watching White Sox baseball. I'd just rather spend my time doing something other than getting upset about the same thing over, and over, and over...

Here is why Kotsay is still here.

Last year on Septemeber 8th or thereabout the White Sox were ahead of the Twins. The Twins made the playoffs. Peavy and Rios were here and availaable to add to the team yet for whatever the reason things did not work out and the Twins went to the playoffs. Kotsay stuck around and Dye is gone.

2008 Swisher has a year not nearly as bad as Kotsay yet he is given away at the end of the year.

Performance is not all that matters when Guillen is the manager.

You may not like it but it seems to work. They are winning and Guillen says f*** you.

Let's also look at 2006. Anderson was adding more to that team then Kotsya is now and was adding more than Mackowiak was in 2006...how'd that end up. How about Griffey over Anderson in 2008.

The best names on paper are not the best names for Guillen's roster....again Ozzie says, f*** you!

We need to all live with it......Guillen says he did not know Edwin Jackson threw that hard........sigh....

Looks like we're gonna have to do it ourselves again today in order to not lose ground. I'm not a big fan of this pitching matchup though. Hopefully Scherzer thinks he can just man up and throw gas by us, because that strategy generally doesn't work against our guys.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
Looks like we're gonna have to do it ourselves again today in order to not lose ground. I'm not a big fan of this pitching matchup though. Hopefully Scherzer thinks he can just man up and throw gas by us, because that strategy generally doesn't work against our guys.

At least we're in first place. It has to be really annoying to go 8-2 in your last 10 and make up a total of zero games.