Game Thread: White Sox (61-46) @ Detroit (53-54) 12:05 CDT

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Sorry for the 20 questions, but this is fascinating.

What caused you to head out there in the first place?

I moved out here with my ex fiancee, who had a job offer here after graduating from business school. When we split up I decided to stay and sample the local cuisine, if you will :-P

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
I moved out here with my ex fiancee, who had a job offer here after graduating from business school. When we split up I decided to stay and sample the local cuisine, if you will :-P

I'm all for storytelling in regards to sexual encounters, but your smiley faces are making me uncomfortable.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)

You mean the local talent...:)

Well that's very interesting...have you tried to pick up a lot of the local customs?

The White Sox are amazingly 17-20 in games they don't homer this season.

By the way, Garcia has around a 3.3 ERA in all of his starts (I think it's around 17) except for three really bad starts where he's been rocked.

Farmer said Rios was our MVP, but I'd definitely go with Freddy Garcia this season...if he didn't hold the rotation together the first six weeks by the force of will alone, we'd have been 13-15 games back and almost hopelessly out of it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
You mean the local talent...:)

Well that's very interesting...have you tried to pick up a lot of the local customs?

Yes, especially in Ukraine- the talent there is just sick. I am 38 and it's routine to be with 20 yr olds, not a problem....

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
Don't even bother.

Some people just love to ignore facts, even things like, you know, batting average.

LOL, just wait, it gets better....

I reply...

"All of my "numbers" mean everything. I don't care if Mark Kotsay bakes cookies for every game, the bottom line is that he is awful at baseball, and his play HURTS this team. He costs more runs than he produces. Dayan Viciedo and Brent Lillibridge have done well in the small chances they have had. There is no reason to sit the clearly more talented players in place of him. When Teahen comes back, Ozzie better get some sense and tell Kenny to DFA Kotsay because he adds NOTHING to this team."

This guy must be a genius, because then he drops this insightful nugget on me....

"Send your numbers to Ozzie. He's the one that makes the decisions. You can try to impress us all you want with your WAR and UZR (whatever the hell those are) numbers but that alone won't bench your buddy Kotsay."

:lolhitting

Now the problem is finding the RIGHT Ukrainian girl, lol.

They're not the most romantic, very beautiful....but very very pragmatic. I won't say they're all gold diggers, but there are quite a few.

Well, that's one of the facts of life in Eastern Europe with the economy struggling so mightily.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
LOL, just wait, it gets better....

I reply...

"All of my "numbers" mean everything. I don't care if Mark Kotsay bakes cookies for every game, the bottom line is that he is awful at baseball, and his play HURTS this team. He costs more runs than he produces. Dayan Viciedo and Brent Lillibridge have done well in the small chances they have had. There is no reason to sit the clearly more talented players in place of him. When Teahen comes back, Ozzie better get some sense and tell Kenny to DFA Kotsay because he adds NOTHING to this team."

This guy must be a genius, because then he drops this insightful nugget on me....

"Send your numbers to Ozzie. He's the one that makes the decisions. You can try to impress us all you want with your WAR and UZR (whatever the hell those are) numbers but that alone won't bench your buddy Kotsay."

:lolhitting

I blame Chris Rongey and Hawk for this guy's horrible ignorance.