Game Thread: White Sox (61-46) @ Detroit (53-54) 12:05 CDT

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's two times the Tropicana Dome has cost the Rays a game.

This just sucks...they were set up for a demoralizing loss after blowing a 6 run lead.

Seems like the White Sox are always victimized by domed stadiums somehow.

Edited by caulfield12

Here is the guy on Facebook's response to me ripping Kotsay on Reiferts status....

"Geez, did Kotsay steal your girl in high school or what????

Relax, "The Show," he is just one of 25 guys on a roster. And all of your numbers and letters and +/- signs really don't mean much. Ozzie likes Kotsay on his club. Ozzie is the manager. That's enough to justify Kotsay's spot on the club."

:stick

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
It depends, not as cheap as you may think, but some things are very cheap, such as cab rides and vegetables on the street (which are awesome, none of that GMO crap in the USA). But all in all its a better life out here generally speaking, in my opinion. I love to visit the USA but not live, any longer...

How long have you been there?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
Putz, Thornton and Jenks all pitched last night. I assume Santos gets used today, but will Ozzie pull the trigger on Sale if it's still 2-0 in the 8th?

The rest of the pen had Monday and Tuesday off before yesterday. I think just about everyone's going to be available, and I kind of doubt that Ozzie'll start him off late in a close division game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Why are those god damn speakers in play at the Trop? So stupid.

With all the stupid rules in baseball, you think they could just say any ball that hits the rafters is a foul ball.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
Those Twins are pretty lucky. Down 2 games to none they came back and took the next 2 to split the series against the best team in baseball thanks to a ball missing the foul pole by a millimeter and a ball hitting a catwalk. This race is going down to the wire.

Fixed.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
Here is the guy on Facebook's response to me ripping Kotsay on Reiferts status....

"Geez, did Kotsay steal your girl in high school or what????

Relax, "The Show," he is just one of 25 guys on a roster. And all of your numbers and letters and +/- signs really don't mean much. Ozzie likes Kotsay on his club. Ozzie is the manager. That's enough to justify Kotsay's spot on the club."

:stick

Don't even bother.

Some people just love to ignore facts, even things like, you know, batting average.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
Those Twins are pretty resilient. Down 2 games to none they came back and took the next 2 to split the series against the best team in baseball. This race is going down to the wire.

It'll go down to the wire if we play well. They aren't going anywhere. Hopefully we can keep winning.