Help me before I go insane....

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
http://www.facebook.com/scott.reifert?v=wa...d=1467906652513

Read if you have 5 minutes to spare, and please, someone help me from tearing my hair out. I can't believe I would find 3 people who think Kotsay is good, and they are all swarming at once!

I've dealt with these kind of people before. Just ignore them.

There's no use getting all mad over people who do not possess brains.

And it is also a terrible idea to talk about Mark Kotsay after he just went 3-5 with 5 runs batted in.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
I've dealt with these kind of people before. Just ignore them.

There's no use getting all mad over people who do not possess brains.

And it is also a terrible idea to talk about Mark Kotsay after he just went 3-5 with 5 runs batted in.

No it's not. Stacey King would go for 20 points and 10 rebounds every 30 games or so. He was still bad. Just like Kotsay is still bad.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
No it's not. Stacey King would go for 20 points and 10 rebounds every 30 games or so. He was still bad. Just like Kotsay is still bad.

No, I'm saying it's a terrible idea to talk to Kotsay supporters about him when he just did that. Those people only live for what just happened, they don't care that he's hitting .220.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
The conversation started before the game, and then, OF COURSE, Kotsay has the best game of his Sox career, and it leaves me looking dumb.

You don't look dumb. One good game doesn't alleviate Kotsay's overall badness.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 06:35 AM)
You don't look dumb. One good game doesn't alleviate Kotsay's overall badness.

Some people only believe in a few days, not four months.

These are the people who are legitimately baseball stupid.

What matters is what KW thinks:

Meanwhile, Guillen received a note from general manager Ken Williams praising him on sticking with Kotsay, who was 5-for-42 before his three-hit game raised his overall average to .223. Kotsay's homer was his first since June 8 against the Tigers.

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
What matters is what KW thinks:

Meanwhile, Guillen received a note from general manager Ken Williams praising him on sticking with Kotsay, who was 5-for-42 before his three-hit game raised his overall average to .223. Kotsay's homer was his first since June 8 against the Tigers.

You too Kenny? God damn it.

Where is Rick Hahn when you need him?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
You too Kenny? God damn it.

Where is Rick Hahn when you need him?

Who the hell is running the show?!? Tom Hanks as Mr Short Term Memory Guy from the old SNL skit??? The guy had one good game and now all is forgiven!?!?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
Some people only believe in a few days, not four months.

These are the people who are legitimately baseball stupid.

Or maybe the short sightedness is for the people that only look at the first 4 months of this season not his career. He has been a decent player his whole career. He is having a bad year so far, but what is to say he won't play closer to his career averages for the rest of the season?

I'm not a big Kotsay fan in the full time DH role because he is a decent unspectacular player but the unrelentless bashing is getting old. Calling people baseball stupid because their opinion is different is going to the extreme.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
Or maybe the short sightedness is for the people that only look at the first 4 months of this season not his career. He has been a decent player his whole career. He is having a bad year so far, but what is to say he won't play closer to his career averages for the rest of the season?

I'm not a big Kotsay fan because he is a decent unspectacular player but the unrelentless bashing is getting old. Calling people baseball stupid because their opinion is different is going to the extreme.

Mark Kotsay has put up an OPS of .709 since the start of the 2005 season and .695 since the start of the 2006 season. Think about that...for the last 5 years combined, he has a sub -.700 OPS. That is an 83 OPS+, in case you wanted park factors included.

He has not been a "Decent" player the last 5 years. He has been a well below average player for more than half a decade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 10:50 AM)
Mark Kotsay has put up an OPS of .709 since the start of the 2005 season and .695 since the start of the 2006 season. Think about that...for the last 5 years combined, he has a sub -.700 OPS. That is an 83 OPS+, in case you wanted park factors included.

He has not been a "Decent" player the last 5 years. He has been a well below average player for more than half a decade.

But his GTHABW (Guy to have a beer with) ratings are off the charts!

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 10:46 AM)

I'm not a big Kotsay fan in the full time DH role because he is a decent unspectacular player but the unrelentless bashing is getting old. Calling people baseball stupid because their opinion is different is going to the extreme.

Are you really trying to defend people who think one good game makes them right when Kotsay has been absolutely horrible for the past 4 months?

What he has done in the past is the past, he's no longer the 3-4 WAR player he was with Oakland and San Diego. At this point in his career, he's a .700 OPS hitter, a good bench player and nothing more.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
Lol, now a 4th person has chimed in on Kotsay's defense...

"Hey, THE SHOW, are you still bummed Kotsay was in yesterday's game?"

ugh..

My point exactly...

Funny quote in the Trib notes about tonight's game. ...

Guillen asked about Sox not getting Delgado ...

“To sign Delgado here, I would rather have Jim Thome,” Guillen said.

It didn't add any further context, but figured it'd spark some wild reax on the message boards since Oz didn't want Big Jim last winter.

Edited by greg775