Game Thread: White Sox (62-46) @ Baltimore (35-73) 6:05pm CDT

Alrighty, I'm starting this gamethread now so I don't forget later.

Lets keep this thing moving and win, win, win! :gosoxretro:

The White Sox head to Baltimore, lets leave Baltimore with another series win and put more ground between the Sox and Minnesota in the standings! :gosox3: :bringit

White Sox (62-46) @ Baltimore (35-73) 6:05pm CDT

J. Danks vs. B. Bergesen

C'mon Danks, do your thing and get it done!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzie v. Buck Round 2

"[showalter] never even smelled a jock in the big leagues," Guillen says. "Mr. Baseball never even got a hit in Triple-A. I was a better player than him, I have more money than him and I'm better looking than him."

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 02:27 AM)
Ozzie v. Buck Round 2

"[showalter] never even smelled a jock in the big leagues," Guillen says. "Mr. Baseball never even got a hit in Triple-A. I was a better player than him, I have more money than him and I'm better looking than him."

I hope he said all that jokingly.....

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 04:59 AM)
Rios has been scuffling lately. I think that teams are figuring out ways to get him out.

Low and outside usually does it.

He was bound to go through a slump this year. Let's just hope it doesn't last for long and he'll be back to himself again. And agreed, I think Ozzie should give him a day or two off to clear his mind and give him some rest.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 04:13 AM)
Viciedo is "suppose" to play 2/4 games in this series. We'll see Ozzie.

fixed

And I would be disappointed in anything less than a sweep. Yeah I'm greedy and Baltimore is dreadful.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 02:27 AM)
Ozzie v. Buck Round 2

LOL GTFO!! Did Ozzie really say this? :lolhitting

Well, you know how we've been playing teams at the right time lately? Quite the opposite here as the Orioles are RED HOT, having won 3 games in a row. They've swept Texas, Boston, Washington and now the Angels this season, while losing pretty much every other game; I think never winning more than 4 in a row at any point. So with the new manager, this current stretch is in the running for their most inspired ball all year.

Bergesen sucks against any team above average, but he did limit the Podsless Royals to 2 runs over 7 innings last time out; arguably one of his better starts all year. According to ESPN, 0% of people have him on their fantasy team.

The only argument for them winning this game is the new Showalter effect; not skill, reputation or fundamentals.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
Well, you know how we've been playing teams at the right time lately? Quite the opposite here as the Orioles are RED HOT, having won 3 games in a row. They've swept Texas, Boston, Washington and now the Angels this season, while losing pretty much every other game; I think never winning more than 4 in a row at any point. So with the new manager, this current stretch is in the running for their most inspired ball all year.

Bergesen sucks against any team above average, but he did limit the Podsless Royals to 2 runs over 7 innings last time out; arguably one of his better starts all year. According to ESPN, 0% of people have him on their fantasy team.

The only argument for them winning this game is the new Showalter effect; not skill, reputation or fundamentals.

Eh... I ain't scared. The Showalter effect will eventually wear off.