Game Thread: White Sox (62-46) @ Baltimore (35-73) 6:05pm CDT

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
There are reasons behind it. When you're a #9 hitter with .302 OBP, opposing pitchers will go to sleep on you. Beckham's been feasting since getting out of a pressure filled spot

I don't think you can make a correlation to when he started hitting and being moved to 9th. He sucked there too for a while.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
There are reasons behind it. When you're a #9 hitter with .302 OBP, opposing pitchers will go to sleep on you. Beckham's been feasting since getting out of a pressure filled spot

I'd argue it has absolutely nothing to do with where he is batting in the order. His swing is finally starting to improve, and has consistently since a bit before the break. But obviously Ozzie is clueless and will still bat AJ and Kotsay ahead of him

Me trying to explain to my four year old the difference between the Gary Railcats and the Chicago White Sox... "the teams the Sox play are the best baseball players in the world, the guys you saw at Gary aren't very good" Madison-"Oh, you mean like the Cubs"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
Me trying to explain to my four year old the difference between the Gary Railcats and the Chicago White Sox... "the teams the Sox play are the best baseball players in the world, the guys you saw at Gary aren't very good" Madison-"Oh, you mean like the Cubs"

:notworthy