Game Thread: White Sox (62-46) @ Baltimore (35-73) 6:05pm CDT

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
When you score 1 run against a pitcher with an ERA over 6 you don't really deserve to win.

Think maybe they took their lead from Ozzie, who played Viciedo against a pitcher who wouldn't be "so hard" for him? Took him lightly. That seemed pretty clear watching these guys go up there with no approach.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
Think maybe they took their lead from Ozzie, who played Viciedo against a pitcher who wouldn't be "so hard" for him? Took him lightly. That seemed pretty clear watching these guys go up there with no approach.

Over the past few years this is a pattern for the Sox, the amount of runs they score is inversely proportional to the pitcher's ERA when it's over 4.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 02:08 AM)
I look forward to this offense facing the likes of Lee or Sabathia in the playoffs.

This team isn't making s*** unless Quentin and Rios get their heads out of their ass. Also, feel free to play our most dangerous hitter more in Castro. AJP is a complete waste of a lineup spot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
Can Garcia pitch every game so we can have Castro become the starter? The quality of AJP's at bats are sickening. I absolutely do not want him back next season.

The sox are 14 and 6 in games garcia starts. Far and away the best on the team

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Laporta is a tard

That would have been a close play at the plate. Instead he cuts it off when he doesn't even get the runner at first out. So stupid.

QUOTE (BearingPro @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 03:38 AM)
Very disappointing...but that's why Williams tried to get Adam Dunn...to prevent nights like this. How ironic that Jim Thome had a key hit in the ninth for the Twins.

Kotsay is turning the corner now

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 03:19 AM)
That's what Rongey is saying in the post-game.

Is Tony Pena one very mediocre pitcher? Is he worth the money he gets? That's all I'm asking at this time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 03:04 AM)
I have no idea why Ozzie played Lillibridge the whole game. Terrible game all-around.

I thought most of us now were in love with Lillibridge? Isn't Juan Pierre a huge goat in this game? Cmon vet ... little hit against a horrible O's team. CQ's double play also was horrid. Should we have bunted the runner over? Hmmm

Edited by greg775