Sox @ Orioles - Floyd vs. Millwood

Heads22

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:18 AM)
Kotsay with another "unlucky" grounder to short. If only he was lucky and grounded it between some infielders

To me, it seems like Kotsay is much better against sinker ball pitchers than high fastball pitchers. And jeez Alexei, STOP BUNTING!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
Well maybe the fact that WGN-HD does no longer come in at my house for some reason played a part there, because it looked to me like the ball hit 2-3 feet up the wall. Maybe I was mistaken.

Nah it was way up there. That's a homer in most parks.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
Well maybe the fact that WGN-HD does no longer come in at my house for some reason played a part there, because it looked to me like the ball hit 2-3 feet up the wall. Maybe I was mistaken.

Yeah, no one catches that ball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
To me, it seems like Kotsay is much better against sinker ball pitchers than high fastball pitchers. And jeez Alexei, STOP BUNTING!

It's because Kotsay has a massive dip in his swing. He wants to uppercut everything and usually ends up tomahawking the ball into the ground.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
Really he doesn't, not to take anything away from him but the hitters are psyching themselves out.

You know what's funny, I really feel like that Vizquel check swing on a pitcher over his head was the biggest play of the game so far. Millwood was on his way to walking the first two hitters, and the entire dynamic of the game changed after that.

There is no reason on earth that we should not destroy the Orioles over the next 3 games. They are f***ing terrible and their pitching staff is terrible. These games need to be won as this race will remain tight as our manager insists on handicaping our team with a terrible DH. Our GM needs to do a better job Ozzie-proofing the lineup. No more sucky left handed scrappy hitters. He falls in love with them, and overuses them.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:26 AM)
There is no reason on earth that we should not destroy the Orioles over the next 3 games. They are f***ing terrible and their pitching staff is terrible. These games need to be won as this race will remain tight as our manager insists on handicaping our team with a terrible DH. Our GM needs to do a better job Ozzie-proofing the lineup. No more sucky left handed scrappy hitters. He falls in love with them, and overuses them.

With Rios fading fast, our lineup has gone back to being below average. There's just not a lot of power in our lineup besides PK and CQ, and with the vast number of outs we make on the bases, the execution needs to be perfect.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)

I don't think their offense is that bad actually. There's some really good hitters in there (Roberts, Jones, Markakis, Scott)

To be fair to floyd, if he does end up with a bad to terrible line, he has pitched his f***ing balls off the last 11 starts. You have to get hit sooner or later, sometimes even against terrible teams, that's just the odds.

Now let's just hope the sox can put up 6-7 in the next couple innings... so that it won't hurt us if he does indeed end up giving up a few.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)
With Rios fading fast, our lineup has gone back to being below average. There's just not a lot of power in our lineup besides PK and CQ, and with the vast number of outs we make on the bases, the execution needs to be perfect.

I don't understand why Viciedo isn't in the lineup. Millwood is a perfect guy for him to face. Sub standard stuff that can be squared up by a power guy. Kotsay is a slappy sucky automatic out that is currently the protection for CQ.