Sox @ Orioles - Floyd vs. Millwood

Heads22

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bobby's p**sy hurts over this one he can go get lost. Really. He needs to be a pro on this. Not to mention I think Baltimore has owned him in his career (not looking at the stats now but I wouldn't be surprised if he has the most blown saves against this team and also the highest ERA).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 02:18 AM)
Aj is an idiot and he finally got burned during his antics. I don't feel bad for him at all.

Just read through the game thread since I had to work tonight. Thought it was a good thread overall. This post was a classic in the "no class" department. I always feel for guys who get hurt. Injuries suck.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
Just read through the game thread since I had to work tonight. Thought it was a good thread overall. This post was a classic in the "no class" department. I always feel for guys who get hurt. Injuries suck.

Real hard to drum up sympathy for a player who injures himself while loafing.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
Real hard to drum up sympathy for a player who injures himself while loafing.

^^ that about sums it up, I'm not happy he (hopefully only almost) hurt himself but he's been dogging it for how long now? He looks like he just doesn't care out there.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
^^ that about sums it up, I'm not happy he (hopefully only almost) hurt himself but he's been dogging it for how long now? He looks like he just doesn't care out there.

The Sox pretty much told him they didn't want him when they tried moving him before his 10-5 kicked in. Most players would step up to try to prove their point. It seems like AJ has been in a 2 month pouting session ala Nick Swisher since then.

AJ got a key hit tonight. I don't know what you guys think you see in his play that is so ominous in terms of his "loafing." Did he not stroke a key hit??? His batting average is low so he's been pouting for months?

I didn't see the play but I've seen no mention anywhere in the game stories where AJ did something cocky or loafed so badly on the play he got hurt he was called out for it. You guys see things the baseball writers and broadcasters do not see.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
The Sox pretty much told him they didn't want him when they tried moving him before his 10-5 kicked in. Most players would step up to try to prove their point. It seems like AJ has been in a 2 month pouting session ala Nick Swisher since then.

That probably doesn't even happen if he's not... well, sucking really bad. He needs to get his head out of his ass, it's not the type of player he's been in his time with the Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
AJ got a key hit tonight. I don't know what you guys think you see in his play that is so ominous in terms of his "loafing." Did he not stroke a key hit??? His batting average is low so he's been pouting for months?

His batting average has nothing to do with it. This is one instance where the eye test totally tells the story. Watch the way he handles himself, and carried himself. He has no pride right now.

He goes 2-for-3 tonight with a Ribbie and gets hurt and catches grief on here. Amazing. Uh oh. I'm sensing a Jenks-like swing in people's opinions of AJ on here. Will it get to the point people freak when his name is in the lineup instead of Castros on a daily basis?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:28 AM)

I didn't see the play but I've seen no mention anywhere in the game stories where AJ did something cocky or loafed so badly on the play he got hurt he was called out for it. You guys see things the baseball writers and broadcasters do not see.

Watch him the next time he grounds out or something. In this game, I think in his first at-bat he chopped a weak grounder between the pitcher and the shortstop and didn't even attempt to run it out, he just jogged to first base at half speed as if to say "oh well, it wasn't a line drive, f*** it."

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
He goes 2-for-3 tonight with a Ribbie and gets hurt and catches grief on here. Amazing.

I'm not giving him grief... well not in the way you think anyway. He's looking like a self-pitying sorry sack of s*** and he needs to get it together. That's kind of a pet peeve of mine. Remember Fisk yelling at Deion Sanders?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
I'll start looking for that.

As for production, I'll take 2-for-3 with a RBI from my catcher EVERY GAME. EVERY ONE.

So would I and in a heartbeat. That hasn't been AJ this year though... the only time he seems to be putting any kind of effort forward is when runners are in scoring position (and his body language tells on him, too)