Sox @ Orioles - Floyd vs. Millwood

Heads22

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
Watch him the next time he grounds out or something. In this game, I think in his first at-bat he chopped a weak grounder between the pitcher and the shortstop and didn't even attempt to run it out, he just jogged to first base at half speed as if to say "oh well, it wasn't a line drive, f*** it."

He's done that for years. This year however.. he's taken it to a whole new level, cause he's been brutal at the plate. Like I said before, if he wasn't putting the numbers down and helping our pitchers, he would get a much hate as Kotsay/Jenks.. maybe more.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
AJ got a key hit tonight. I don't know what you guys think you see in his play that is so ominous in terms of his "loafing." Did he not stroke a key hit??? His batting average is low so he's been pouting for months?

I didn't see the play but I've seen no mention anywhere in the game stories where AJ did something cocky or loafed so badly on the play he got hurt he was called out for it. You guys see things the baseball writers and broadcasters do not see.

He put his hand up in celebratory fashion before even getting to third base. He was pretty much jogging (although with him, there is literally no difference between him running and jogging).

By him doing that, he slipped on the base.

It was his fault.