Sox @ Orioles - Floyd vs. Millwood

Heads22

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
I can't answer that without looking at numbers but it's not like our offense is really that good.

I'll never be able to understand how we came away with no one at the deadline. I've never seen KW fail to (eventually) address a need like that. Christ, we didn't have to get a big bat, we just needed a warm body who could post a decent line.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
I don't understand why Viciedo isn't in the lineup. Millwood is a perfect guy for him to face. Sub standard stuff that can be squared up by a power guy. Kotsay is a slappy sucky automatic out that is currently the protection for CQ.

Hell, I wish we played our hottest player more (Castro)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
Yeah, so much for that focused AB by AJP. That's just pathetic.

Thats another guy who should be getting splinters in his ass with his terrible ABs. Castro should be getting more playing time outside of a few ABs a week with Garcia or the occasional tough lefty.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
I'll never be able to understand how we came away with no one at the deadline. I've never seen KW fail to (eventually) address a need like that. Christ, we didn't have to get a big bat, we just needed a warm body who could post a decent line.

This is why I get so f***ing sick of the excuses when he fails to get someone in the offseason. The sox always through out that, "Well we have X money to sign someone for the stretch run". People buy into this false flexibility and then we struggle to get that guy. Sure you can pick up the toolsey player that is flawed and gets straightened out, but its hard to get that done. The entire middle of the season aquisition plan to overcome a fatal flaw that you knew you were rolling out with is terrible. Here we are late in the season and the very thing that Ozzie insisted wasn't happening is happening. We have a primary DH and it just happens that its a terrible player.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
Geeeeez Beckham that was an awful jump. Nice throw by Wieters, but damn, that was at least 15 feet he got thrown out by. Didn't he get thrown out like that last night too?

This is an Orioles team that can't throw out anyone. It's like all of our players put on concrete boots at the ASB.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Has anything shown you guys that Omar couldn't play 110-120 games next year at 3b?

Going into next year with a plan that involves Omar playing in 110-120 games is called a plan to fail. Take the lightening in a bottle this year and run with it. He is beyond an age where you build a season based on him producing like this year.