Sox @ Orioles - Floyd vs. Millwood

Heads22

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Has anything shown you guys that Omar couldn't play 110-120 games next year at 3b?

I would be open to a Morel/Teahen/Vizquel battle for 3B in Spring Training next year. If Morel doesn't win, then he goes to AAA. If Teahen doesn't win, then he takes Kotsay's spot, and if Vizquel doesn't win, then he is one of our utility guys.

The sad thing is our hitters have hit like 3 balls hard all night. Two of the hits were not hit hard. The last two games have been too similar to our offensive performances the first few months.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)
I would be open to a Morel/Teahen/Vizquel battle for 3B in Spring Training next year. If Morel doesn't win, then he goes to AAA. If Teahen doesn't win, then he takes Kotsay's spot, and if Vizquel doesn't win, then he is one of our utility guys.

And if that doesn't work out, at least we know KW will upgrade us at the deadline. :lolhitting

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)

If Kenny goes into next year with Kotsay still on the team and a Vizquel lead battle for 3rd base I want him fired. That would be two years in a row of handicaping your team.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:53 AM)
6 innings, 4 hits, 1 run against a s*** pitcher. Typical August sox baseball.

I have more confidence in Kotsay and Beckham to have good at bats than anyone else on the team when we're on the road. That's so crazy when compared to what I would have said two months ago.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
If Kenny goes into next year with Kotsay still on the team and a Vizquel lead battle for 3rd base I want him fired. That would be two years in a row of handicaping your team.

Oh man, I hope my post didn't come off as saying Kotsay should be on this team next year. I, of all people, would rather punch myself in the nuts than suggest that. I just meant that Teahen would fill the role that Kotsay has THIS year, which is spelling Paulie at 1B, and spelling Quentin at DH.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
Oh man, I hope my post didn't come off as saying Kotsay should be on this team next year. I, of all people, would rather punch myself in the nuts than suggest that. I just meant that Teahen would fill the role that Kotsay has THIS year, which is spelling Paulie at 1B, and spelling Quentin at DH.

I just laughed out loud.

Let's spell guys at DH.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
Anyone that doesn't project Teahen as an everyday starting player next season is nuts. We're not going to pay him 4-5 million dollars to be a utility player.

Players should earn spots because of performance, not salary. If Teahen hits like s***, then I don't want him playing over better players just because he makes more money.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 02:02 AM)
Players should earn spots because of performance, not salary. If Teahen hits like s***, then I don't want him playing over better players just because he makes more money.

That's how it should be, but good luck finding teams that work that way.

"The trade we are going to make?'' Guillen said. "Better results from [Mark] Kotsay and Andruw Jones. We need them to get more production. That's the trade we are going to make. Those two guys for the next two months bring what they are supposed to bring, I don't see why we won't have a good hitting team.''

Konerko agreed, pointing out that the first four months of the season should have been the ultimate judge in that.

"I mean we're four months in now,'' Konerko said. "Four months is usually a pretty good test of a team to show you're capable or not capable.''

These two quotes back to back in the same article contradict themselves. For 4 months the production at DH is one of the worst in the american league. Yet the magic 8 ball is telling Ozzie that this is okay. What exactly are they supposed to bring, a possible .700 OPS.