THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Quin

Definitly remeber how frustrating that is. Hopefuly we can continue to put Twinkie fans through the same misery we have endured many years chasing them. Great game, great showing of our grindeness and once again our ability to come back late in games.

Glad to see Oz wasn't messing aroud and went with Putz instead of trying with Bobby. Would like u to gain atleast a game in the next two days with Minny coming to the Cell Tues-Thurs. Go get em' tomorrow boys!

And I just have to say that Ozzie needs to limit Rios in trying to steal bases, he's been so inefficient.

Pierre is probably the only guy worth running. We ran into so many outs in this game I was kicking chairs around.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
And I just have to say that Ozzie needs to limit Rios in trying to steal bases, he's been so inefficient.

Pierre is probably the only guy worth running. We ran into so many outs in this game I was kicking chairs around.

Feels like we've run into 10 outs this week.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
Nice win. Good to see Putz close it out. Gavin Floyd was pretty good tonight.

If we can avoid wasting outs on the basepaths we would have a few more runs and maybe some more continuity in offense. Lets see Viciedo as the DH for a good chunk of the rest of the season.

^^

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)

Don't get me started on Ozzie's base running efficiency for Sox SB threats. I don't even think Rios has been this bad in his career in % when he was with Toronto.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Head to Head w the Twins next week! The intensity will be high! Should be a fun last 50 games! Enjoy White Sox fans.....the Cubs fans are stuck following Bears training camp!

Yep. Tigers are done IMO. Gonna be interesting if two teams (sox and twins most likely) from get another game 163 again in the central.

While we're on the topic of Ozzie...I honestly wish Ozzie knew how to make a lineup like Buck Showalter.

That lineup he made today was pretty damn good. Outside of a couple of iffy things (like hitting Wigginton 3rd instead of 5th), that is how a lineup should be made to maximize run production.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:15 AM)
While we're on the topic of Ozzie...I honestly wish Ozzie knew how to make a lineup like Buck Showalter.

That lineup he made today was pretty damn good. Outside of a couple of iffy things (like hitting Wigginton 3rd instead of 5th), that is how a lineup should be made to maximize run production.

FWIW, Ozzie's bad lineups have won us a lot of games and Schowalter's good lineup scored 2 runs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
Its crazy, we are just over 2/3s of the way through the season and 16 games over. If you extrapolate that out, we are on a 93-69 pace. I would have never thought we would have that kind of season, even at this point.

I thought we'd be on a pace for about 88, 90 tops (I didn't see the embarrassing start, I didn't see the unreal hot streak, but nobody else did either)

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:24 AM)
FWIW, Ozzie's bad lineups have won us a lot of games and Schowalter's good lineup scored 2 runs.

We aren't winning games because of the lineups. Schowalter's lineup had to face Gavin Floyd though.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)

Let's just put it this way: we're winning despite his lineups...

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
Let's just put it this way: we're winning despite his lineups...

I guess my point is this: talent trumps all, and pitching wins games. Batting order is somewhat low on my list of priorities, though I do recognize that it's one of the few skills asked of a manager.

Also, I don't really hear much complaining about 1-5 in our batting order, really it's just a guy or two hitting 6-9, and even they have done a fair job of scoring runs since beckham and alexei decided to get their heads out of their butts. It sure is easy to make the back of a lineup look "good" like schowalter's when you've got a pile of indistinguishably crappy players to heap back there.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
I guess my point is this: talent trumps all, and pitching wins games. Batting order is somewhat low on my list of priorities, though I do recognize that it's one of the few skills asked of a manager.

Also, I don't really hear much complaining about 1-5 in our batting order, really it's just a guy or two hitting 6-9, and even they have done a fair job of scoring runs since beckham and alexei decided to get their heads out of their butts. It sure is easy to make the back of a lineup look "good" like schowalter's when you've got a pile of indistinguishably crappy players to heap back there.

Ozzie did screw up the 1-5 slots at one point in time this year, just see how many times Kotsay's hit 5th.

Plus, Kotsay batting 6th is still a bad idea.

And the thing with talent - I think this goes back to Ozzie's reluctance to have a real DH who can hit instead of Mark Kotsay.