Sox @ Orioles - Buehrle vs. Guthrie

Heads22

I dont care as much as you?

Member No.: 14

That will be 8 years Ive spent on this site.

Thats 4x the amount of time youve spent on this site.

And my guess is that Ive been spending "3 hours" watching the Sox daily before you were born.

Last I checked it takes the same amount of energy to be optimistic and pessimistic.

So Id rather hope for the best, then constantly b****ing about the worst.

But to argue I care less than you, is one of the dumbest comments Ive ever seen on this site. And I was around when Brandofan posted. (Not that you knew who that was because you werent even here "caring" about the Sox)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)

And my guess is that Ive been spending "3 hours" watching the Sox daily before you were born.

Last I checked it takes the same amount of energy to be optimistic and pessimistic.

But to argue I care less than you, is one of the dumbest comments Ive ever seen on this site. And I was around when Brandofan posted. (Not that you knew who that was because you werent even here "caring" about the Sox)

Brandofan....that is old...oh wait...im old.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)

You saying you "care" more than me because you've spent 8 years on this site is a even worse argument. I've been a fan long before I joined this site or any other internet forum.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
Dammit... The Sox really need to start throwing at people. It doesn't matter if he was trying to hot Pierre or not. Opposing pitchers would start being more careful if their teammates started getting drilled.

It's tough though when you're in a race. You can't risk getting people suspended on putting on base runners in close games. I am definitely with you that something needs to be done (as the Sox always seem to get hit more than they hit others), but you have to pick your spots.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
It's tough though when you're in a race. You can't risk getting people suspended on putting on base runners in close games. I am definitely with you that something needs to be done (as the Sox always seem to get hit more than they hit others), but you have to pick your spots.

Some of us not hitting people is us having really good control pitchers not named Bobby Jenks though.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)

I never understood why you would want to give the other team a free base runner.. if they did hit Pierre on purpose, he stole second and is now in scoring position with 1 out in a 1 run game.. thanks Buck

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
Another out given away on the basepaths. At least Vizquel got to 2nd.

Is there any advanced metric that measures outs recorded on the basepaths?

Nothing for Pierre to do on that...he did the best he could.