AJ

hi8is

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 06:38 AM)
AJ called it a tweak and thinks he can play tomorrow. He wont, but he should be back Monday. I'm not overly concerned anyway as Castro is the better player at the moment.

TBolt, what do you mean "better player at this moment" Do you mean becasue AJ is hurt? AJP is the better performer. Castro has done his role extremely well, but AJ deserves to be the full-time catcher. He is the one behind the plate and doing his job to make sure the hurlers hurl right and they have. I am glad we have AJP backed up by Castro

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
stupid half-slide aside, AJ is a tough MFer. He takes a beating out there and rarely goes out for injury

Someone can double check this, but I don't recall AJ ever going on the DL. (knock on wood)

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
TBolt, what do you mean "better player at this moment" Do you mean becasue AJ is hurt? AJP is the better performer. Castro has done his role extremely well, but AJ deserves to be the full-time catcher. He is the one behind the plate and doing his job to make sure the hurlers hurl right and they have. I am glad we have AJP backed up by Castro

Look at the numbers. The sample size is too small to make a definitive conclusion, but at the moment, Castro is hitting better then AJ. I'm not saying this will last, i'm just not worried.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
Look at the numbers. The sample size is too small to make a definitive conclusion, but at the moment, Castro is hitting better then AJ. I'm not saying this will last, i'm just not worried.

Fair enough. Tbolt usually is a reasonable poster IMO. There's been some posts in game threads coming perilously close to saying AJ's a bum. Should be interesting to see if those make it out of game threads into threads like this. AJ's a stud IMO. Not hitting particularly well this year, tho.