White Sox (63-48) @ Orioles (37-74), 5/5 Game THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
Until I saw this thread I was just assuming it would be a 1 o'clock start.

And could I have used the word 'game' any more in my question?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
There aren't that many must-wins in baseball, but I think it's fair to say that this is a must-win.

I guess it depends on how you define "must-win", because the absolute worst position the Sox can be in after today is tied with the Twins with 50 games left.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
I guess it depends on how you define "must-win", because the absolute worst position the Sox can be in after today is tied with the Twins with 50 games left.

You sure wouldn't like to be tied with the Twins going into a huge series like the one coming up.

Plus, this is the Orioles we're talking about. Losing 3 of 4 to them would make this a horrendous road trip.

I have both teams going 29-21 the final 50 games, so as far as I'm concerned they're playing for the division tonight.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)

It would be funny if that happened, but really there's no reason to lose tonight. We should dominate Matusz tonight.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
LMAO. Man, I just spit up some fruit punch. Well played, flavum.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)
It would be funny if that happened, but really there's no reason to lose tonight. We should dominate Matusz tonight.

If we didn't dominate Bergesen, Millwood, or Guthrie, I don't know how we can dominate Matusz.

This offense needs to wake up.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)

There really was no reason to lose to Brad Bergesen, he of the 6.63 ERA, on Friday night either.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
If we didn't dominate Bergesen, Millwood, or Guthrie, I don't know how we can dominate Matusz.

This offense needs to wake up.

That is the most disappointing thing about those losses. The pitching staff did their part for the most part, just couldn't hit anything from garbage pitching except Guthrie. He is the only good pitcher we faced...and he still only marginally good.

With Beckham out, wouldn't today be the perfect day to play Dayan at 3rd and move Omar to 2nd? As much as I like the way Lillibridge has been playing in his limited time, we NEED to see what Dayan can do with semi-regular playing time! I know everyone knows this *(except Ozzie), but thought it was worth mentioning. Unless you guys think Tank & Lilli will both play? Against the lefty I'd go with this lineup:

LF Pierre 2B Visquel CF Rios 1B Konerko DH Quentin SS Ramirez 3B Viciedo RF Jones C Castro

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
That is the most disappointing thing about those losses. The pitching staff did their part for the most part, just couldn't hit anything from garbage pitching except Guthrie. He is the only good pitcher we faced...and he still only marginally good.

Millwood has pretty much always pitched well against the Sox, and has almost always been a tough luck loser. 1-5 in 11 career starts with a 3.14 ERA.

QUOTE (typewritermender @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
With Beckham out, wouldn't today be the perfect day to play Dayan at 3rd and move Omar to 2nd? As much as I like the way Lillibridge has been playing in his limited time, we NEED to see what Dayan can do with semi-regular playing time! I know everyone knows this *(except Ozzie), but thought it was worth mentioning. Unless you guys think Tank & Lilli will both play? Against the lefty I'd go with this lineup:

LF Pierre 2B Visquel CF Rios 1B Konerko DH Quentin SS Ramirez 3B Viciedo RF Jones C Castro

I think they both will. I'd pencil in Alexi at the 2 spot and bat the Elf 7th, b/w Tank and Jones.