White Sox (63-48) @ Orioles (37-74), 5/5 Game THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
I don't care that we're tied for first. KW/Ozzie=fail for this season and every other season save 2005.

This team is being crippled by poor in-game management and the mistakes of our front office. At what point did KW decide that not getting a bat at the deadline was an option? If i'm him i don't get off the damn phone until someone, anyone, can be brought in to fix the mess that Ozzie and Kenny created.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
:lolhitting

Yeah, blow it up...we're terrible. Twins rule. We go on a bad stretch of a few games against a "bad team" (there are no bad teams) and everyone's ready to pack it in and b#$% about how we look like we did in April and May. NEWSFLASH: It's not going to come easy. We just might have to play the last 50 games and see what happens.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
This team is being crippled by poor in-game management and the mistakes of our front office. At what point did KW decide that not getting a bat at the deadline was an option? If i'm him i don't get off the damn phone until someone, anyone, can be brought in to fix the mess that Ozzie and Kenny created.

It's not even the deadline for me. To make a trade it obviously takes two to tango. And with our pathetic minor league system, I'm not surprised KW couldn't pull a deal off. It goes back to the offseason (yes, Kyle/shack, I know. It's crying over spilled milk. But I'm not done crying yet).

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
Yeah, blow it up...we're terrible. Twins rule. We go on a bad stretch of a few games against a "bad team" (there are no bad teams) and everyone's ready to pack it in and b#$% about how we look like we did in April and May. NEWSFLASH: It's not going to come easy. We just might have to play the last 50 games and see what happens.

I need you to something for me.

Scroll up to the top of this page.

Look at what is inside of the parenthesis after "Orioles".

Now tell me if you think there are bad teams...

They're 37 games under .500 and they have 37 wins.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)

This team is giving away innings because of poor at-bats. We look completely unprepared to beat even bad teams at the moment. The Orioles are on pace to lost 100 games, these are the teams we're supposed to leave in our dust.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
Im just happy Ozzie got his way and we stood pat on offense. This has been pittiful, 3 hits? Great momentum going intj the biggest series of the season.

You're forgetting that we lead all of baseball in something all of us overlook: versatility in being awful on offense. We can plug in different horrible players and get the same putrid result!