White Sox (63-48) @ Orioles (37-74), 5/5 Game THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it's quitting, it just feels that way because of the offense.

We got 2 runs yesterday in the 9th...it's just that we've rarely had comeback victories this season, the early series against the Mariners was one of the main exceptions in 2010.

We're definitely not a comeback team, and it's no surprise with our offense having stretches of being completely anemic.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
I need you to something for me.

Scroll up to the top of this page.

Look at what is inside of the parenthesis after "Orioles".

Now tell me if you think there are bad teams...

They're 37 games under .500 and they have 37 wins.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
This team is giving away innings because of poor at-bats. We look completely unprepared to beat even bad teams at the moment. The Orioles are on pace to lost 100 games, these are the teams we're supposed to leave in our dust.

I understand. The fact is though is that these types of series' will happen throughout a 162 season, no matter how good of a club you put out there. If the O's are just "bad" and we lose 3-4 to them then are we "bad" or "worse than bad" at 15 games over .500??

All I'm asking is that we don't expect to play .800 ball and run away with it. I want as bad as anyone to pound these teams, but since we're not, the upcoming series' with Det. and Minny are all that much more of a gut check for team called the White Sox that we're all still apparently so unsure of. :gosox1:

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
3 hits, against THE WORST TEAM IN MLB.

They aren't a 'bad' team, they are the WORST team in baseball. Defend it all you want, but there is no way in hell you should lose 3 of 4 to this team.

Your negativity is bumming me out... :gosox4:

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
I understand. The fact is though is that these types of series' will happen throughout a 162 season, no matter how good of a club you put out there. If the O's are just "bad" and we lose 3-4 to them then are we "bad" or "worse than bad" at 15 games over .500??

All I'm asking is that we don't expect to play .800 ball and run away with it. I want as bad as anyone to pound these teams, but since we're not, the upcoming series' with Det. and Minny are all that much more of a gut check for team called the White Sox that we're all still apparently so unsure of. :gosox1:

Thank you - nice post!

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)

We're not asking for .800 ball, we're asking for .500 ball against the worst team in baseball.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
If we win more than one game against Minny at the Cell, I'll be stunned. We can't score 2-3 runs off f***ing Brian Matusz

We seem to play down to our competition when playing s*** teams in the AL.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
Orioles have talent. Overall they're unimpressive, but it's fair to point out the monster talent they face within the division year in year out.

I agree with this. And the O's did sweep a 4 game series with the Rangers. But I'm afraid the true talent of this team is on the verge of rising to the surface. There's just too many holes on offense to expect the pitching to be able to carry us to the end.