White Sox (63-48) @ Orioles (37-74), 5/5 Game THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
Why were Hawk and Stone praisin Rios' "sacrifice" there? It's terrible to give up an out there.

Please tell me you're kidding. IF Q man's up and does his job right there Rios' contribution to scoring that run is just as great as the man who knocks him in.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
Please tell me you're kidding. IF Q man's up and does his job right there Rios' contribution to scoring that run is just as great as the man who knocks him in.

If Rios gets a hit there, we'd be leading 2-1. There's the difference.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 12:48 AM)
Because he moved the runner to 3rd base like he is supposed to with 0 outs.

We play for one run, we won't get any.

Rios is expected to be our best hitter or 2nd best hitter. There's no way he should be intensionally sacrificing (if he did indeed do just that) and give up an out against a guy we should pile it on against, especially when the inning was led off with a double.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
If Rios gets a hit there, we'd be leading 2-1. There's the difference.

The strategy of 'dont waste any outs ever' works when you have a skull-crusher of an offense to make up for it. We don't, so I think most here would rather get runners in scoring position when you can.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
The strategy of 'dont waste any outs ever' works when you have a skull-crusher of an offense to make up for it. We don't, so I think most here would rather get runners in scoring position when you can.

It works better in that type of offense, but overall, it works well for the average offense, too.