Most Disturbing Movie Scenes

hogan873

Last night I strongly objected to watching Seven with a group of friends, as certain scenes of the movie just give me the creeps. Specifically the following:

-The third of the sins that they uncover, where the sloth is mutilated and comes back to life while diseased.

-When they uncover the lust sin, it shows a guy who is yelling "get this thing off of me" and then tells the story of what happens when he has sex with the prostitute.

-When the wife's head gets cut off at the end and Brad Pitt's character knows his unborn child is dead, too.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (The Beast @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
Last night I strongly objected to watching Seven with a group of friends, as certain scenes of the movie just give me the creeps. Specifically the following:

-The third of the sins that they uncover, where the sloth is mutilated and comes back to life while diseased.

-When they uncover the lust sin, it shows a guy who is yelling "get this thing off of me" and then tells the story of what happens when he has sex with the prostitute.

-When the wife's head gets cut off at the end and Brad Pitt's character knows his unborn child is dead, too.

he was never dead, Kevin Spaceys character kept him barely alive with drugs and minimal nourishment to extend the torture for his sin.

Good movie, dont know why it would strongly objectionable

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
he was never dead, Kevin Spaceys character kept him barely alive with drugs and minimal nourishment to extend the torture for his sin.

Not a big fan of the movie, I can't handle s*** like that. Should have recommended the Dark Knight instead.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)

He said diseased not deceased.

Any when I was younger this movie was pretty traumatizing. One of my favorite's now.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
I remember trying to watch august underground.

I went and read plot synopsis for all three of the movies in that trilogy and they sound super duper f***ed up.

I've got another to add: Japanese film called In the Realm of the Senses - based on a true story no less.

Here's a summary:

In 1936 Tokyo, Sada Abe (Matsuda) is a former prostitute who works as a maid in a hotel. The hotel's owner, Kichizo Ishida, molests her, and the two begin an intense affair that consists of sexual experiments, drinking, and various other indulgences. Ishida leaves his wife and family to pursue his affair with Abe. Abe becomes increasingly possessive and jealous of Ishida, and Ishida more eager to please her. Their mutual obsession escalates to the point where Ishida finds he is most excited by being strangled during lovemaking, and he is killed in this fashion. Abe then severs Ishida's penis and writes "Sada Kichi the two of us forever" in blood on his chest.

In real life, the woman actually carved her name into the guy's skin and used his severed penis as a sex toy. The backstory is pretty fascinating as her actions caused major waves in Japanese culture.

Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sada_Abe

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
He said diseased not deceased.

Any when I was younger this movie was pretty traumatizing. One of my favorite's now.

i interpreted it as him meaning deceased because he led it with "came back to life"

In Candyman when the child's dick is cut off and he lays on the ground covered in his own blood, with this horrid expression on his face.

When I was younger there was a scene in the movie Dolls where an adult named Ralph is wondering about odd occurences around the house, and one of the killer dolls says, "You know Ralph, deep down inside....you know." It disturbed me more than any other movie scene from my childhood.

More recently, in City by the Sea, a police officer is murdered and afterward, at the officer's house when everyone meets to mourn his death, his daughter enters the room with food for everyone; only to collapse in grief and begin crying. It always was tough for me to watch it.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
Watch the first 20 minutes of "Bruno."

that wasn't disturbing at all, it was just gross.. unless you have a problem with gay people, it wasn't anything that belongs in here.. although when I saw it a couple left 5 minutes into it, I am assuming that they mistook this movie for something else though..

I dont think I saw anyone mention any Saw movies.. there were some pretty nasty torture scenes in those movies, I hate seeing bones being broken.. I feel like throwing up everytime I see the Joe Theismann replay..

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
Pet Semetary where 3-year-old Gage gets hit by the truck and all they show is a bloody shoe rolling across the road.

Then at the end of the movie where the father had to stick him with a needle to "kill" him again.

As a parent, these were especially disturbing, although the desriptions in the book were much worse.

Oh yeah. The movie is bad enough, but the book is very disturbing.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
Oh yeah. The movie is bad enough, but the book is very disturbing.

The scene in the book where Gage's father and grandfather get into a fight at the funeral and knock over the coffin and Gage falls out.....incredibly disturbing

That Human Centipede movie is one of the most f***ed up ideas I've ever seen. Apparently Roger Ebert agrees:

"“I am required to award stars to movies I review. This time, I refuse to do it. The star rating system is unsuited to this film. Is the movie good? Is it bad? Does it matter? It is what it is and occupies a world where the stars don’t shine.”

Has anyone seen the red band Pirahna 3d video yet? NSFW, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Click on this:

http://www.trailerspy.com/trailer/10868/Pi...Con-Sizzle-Reel

Allegedly from the site, this vid was deemed too graphic to be shown at Comic Con. Man, some of the things you can do with CG.

Edited by OilCan

QUOTE (OilCan @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 12:17 AM)

Click on this:

Allegedly from the site, this vid was deemed too graphic to be shown at Comic Con. Man, some of the things you can do with CG.

Yeesh. Mark that one down as disturbing.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 12:17 AM)

Click on this:

Holy s*** thats disturbing, not just for the gore but how bad that movie is

It isn't from a movie, it's from the Twilight Show series. I don't recall the name of the episode, but it was with Telly Savalas. The premise is that one of his daughter's dolls comes to life, but only talks to him. It says something like, "I'm going to kill you." He, of course, is freaking out. At the end, he realizes it's probably nothing, but then he trips over it and falls down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs, just before he dies, he looks over and sees the doll. The doll opens her eyes and says, "I told you."

Still freaks me out to this day. Just got chills thinking about it.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
It isn't from a movie, it's from the Twilight Show series. I don't recall the name of the episode, but it was with Telly Savalas. The premise is that one of his daughter's dolls comes to life, but only talks to him. It says something like, "I'm going to kill you." He, of course, is freaking out. At the end, he realizes it's probably nothing, but then he trips over it and falls down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs, just before he dies, he looks over and sees the doll. The doll opens her eyes and says, "I told you."

Just got the chills reading that.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)

It's indeed a good one.