Teahan rehab could be great for the sox

Bubba Philips

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
A lineup with Kotsay and Teahen in it? Ugh. How the hell are we a contender this year.

The 3 players that have played the most DH for the Rays this year are Willy Aybar, Pat Burrell, & Hank Blalock (total of 84 games). All 3 have a lower OPS than Mark Kotsay. (Not counting Burrell's #'s with the Giants). Obviously there are ways to get around it and still win.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
In a sick sort of way, atleast the Sox know what they did wrong if they lose this division by 1-2 games. There won't be a myriad of reasons as there were in 2006 - it will be because Mark Kotsay was the DH for the White Sox and Jim Thome was playing for the Twins.

Wait a minute, I thought there were several who said Jenks' blowing the save in Minnesota put us on a downward spiral we couldn't come back from. He's the reason we won't win it.

I thought some said Peavy getting hurt was the reason we won't win it.

Kotsay/Thome isn't the reason the team was pathetic the first 2 months.

We just got blown out in two of three home games against Minnesota. Kotsay/Thome wasn't the sole reason.

There are plenty of reasons we won't win the division.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
Wait a minute, I thought there were several who said Jenks' blowing the save in Minnesota put us on a downward spiral we couldn't come back from. He's the reason we won't win it.

I thought some said Peavy getting hurt was the reason we won't win it.

Kotsay/Thome isn't the reason the team was pathetic the first 2 months.

There are plenty of reasons we won't win the division.

Well, lack of offense, including from the DH spot, was a big reason for our slump early in the season. You're right there's plenty of reasons. That doesn't mean we should ignore them all.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
Well, lack of offense, including from the DH spot, was a big reason for our slump early in the season. You're right there's plenty of reasons. That doesn't mean we should ignore them all.

The whole offense outside of one or two guys was horrible for the first couple months of the season. There was a point where we had more guys under .200 than over in our normal starting line up IIRC.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
The whole offense outside of one or two guys was horrible for the first couple months of the season. There was a point where we had more guys under .200 than over in our normal starting line up IIRC.

2-3 of which kept playing DH too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)

I was responding to the person who said if we lose by 1-2 games we'll know the sole reason. Kotsay playing for us; Thome for them. And I still fully expect Thome to do more damage against the Sox this season.