8/12 White Sox vs Twins

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 04:09 AM)
Maybe we are just runnin out of gas from that great run we had.

That's very, very possible, and also why the deadline was so disappointing. I'm ready to make Omar the Player-Manager...at least he had the guts to suggest this team needed an upgrade.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)

They were due for a funk. I still find it hard to believe this current team had that amazing run like winning 25 out of 30.

I left and Gavin had 3 ER in 5.. I see he gave up a 3 run homer to Kubel. One bright spot though was Chris Sale. Amazing future that kid has if he can stay healthy.

Friend I know who is at the game was texting me saying he was hitting 98-99 on the gun at the park. He was also hitting that on the comcast gun and pitchfx I believe.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
What's our record against AL teams besides Seattle?

8-14 against the AL East

21-23 against the AL Central

20-11 against the AL West ( 9-1 versus Seattle)

49 wins - 48 losses

If you take away the Seattle games.

40 wins and 47 losses.

What's our record against AL teams besides Seattle?

9-1 against the Mariners and about 55-49 against the rest of the league but pathetic against Cleve, bad against KC, and Balt, well...

And the twinkies are starting to own us too.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)

White Sox fans are very intuitive when it comes to the team's chances. Yes, they are only a game out but it appears the Twins are the better team. Sox fans get excited when they sense something exciting about to happen and we just ain't feelin' it..

Things could change in the next six weeks but as of now, the WS are not looking too good. Does anyone here feel the WS will go to Minnesota and have a chance to win a series?

I don't know...I guess I expected more from them in Baltimore and this series...life goes on ;)

Edited by BearingPro

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
Just saw Paulie kick some s*** around in the dugout. That's the first time I've ever seen him show any emotion.

What's he pissed about...first of all, he sucked tonight...second of all he insisted that KW not make any changes to the team at the deadline...so you get what you get Paulie.

We just didn't show up ready to play.

Gavin was tight and didn't have any confidence until the 4th.

The defense and balk gave up two early runs.

We couldn't hit to save our life with RISP and Liriano got ahead of all those hitters and had them on their heels.

Too bad Viciedo's ball didn't go out for a grand slam or it would have turned out completely different.

And Quentin is laughable in the OF, once again.

cst_sox

Viciedo sent down. Teahen likely up tomorrow.

cst_sox

Sox can't make Teahen official until before Friday's game.

cst_sox

Expect Viciedo back in September. Jenks and his back are again day-to-day.

Edited by AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:36 AM)
I'm pretty resigned to the Twins being the better team, right now. Our pitching advantage is mitigated by their vast offensive advantage over us. Not to mention the fact that their manager is not a moron.

All their fans thought their manager was a moron when they were blowing the 9.5 game lead versus the Sox. Easy to be frustrated and overreact tonight. We have totally faceplanted against Minnesota again. 3 of 4 in Minnie and 2 of 3 in Chicago. What a joke. I still say we have the wrong attitude against teams in our division. They are out to prove a point when they play us, the biggest and best city in the division with a WS under our belt. We play like chumps and get beat a lot by teams in our division not named Detroit. They play their best against us and we play normal to s***ty baseball, no extra emphasis at all on our divisional foes.

Their manager is the same guy who faceplants every postseason the team makes. If we made the postseason as much as they did and faceplanted as much as they do, you'd all bury our manager for all those early exits.

Hopefully we can bounce back from two horrific series vs. the Twins.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
Outhomered 7 to 2 in a 3 game set with the Twins, and both homers were from Quentin. This team needs more power.

Adam Dunn would look pretty good in this line up right about now. KW tried, I'll say that...maybe a miracle pick up from the waiver wire. As for Jenks...I won't miss him...Putz will do a good job.

QUOTE (BearingPro @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
Adam Dunn would look pretty good in this line up right about now. KW tried, I'll say that...maybe a miracle pick up from the waiver wire. As for Jenks...I won't miss him...Putz will do a good job.

There's not going to be any miracle addition to this team. Every piece of pretty is getting blocked or pulled. If KW wanted to solve that problem he should have done it during the multiple times throughout the year where it was actuallly possible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
Outhomered 7 to 2 in a 3 game set with the Twins, and both homers were from Quentin. This team needs more power.

The Sox use to out homer a lot of teams but what good are they when no one is on. They don't need more power. They need to score runs when the bases are loaded with no outs.

This team lacks situational hitting. It seems there is nothing going on between the ears of this lineup when they are up to the plate other than trying to kill the baseball.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 04:39 AM)
The Sox use to out homer a lot of teams but what good are they when no one is on. They don't need more power. They need to score runs when the bases are loaded with no outs.

This team lacks situational hitting. It seems there is nothing going on between the ears of this lineup when they are up to the plate other than trying to kill the baseball.

Blowing so many opportunities at home tonight in such a big game is kind of alarming.

It'd be easy to give up on this team and say the Twins have proven they are simply a better team ... but we all know baseball is a f***ing strange game. Even though they've wiped us up, we're still in the race. BTW, that was a s***ty at bat by Pierre when we needed him to come through, down 3-1. Nice weak pop to center. And Lexi promptly failed as well.

Edited by greg775

We are better at SS and in CF with Ramirez and Rios.

You can make "ability" arguments for Quentin over Cuddyer in RF and Beckham over Hudson at 2B (not this year for Beckham, clearly). You can even argue Vizquel over Valencia if you want.

But when they have Young, Thome, Kubel, Morneau, Mauer and Cuddyer in the line-up and healthy at the same time, they clearly overmatch us because of our offensive weaknesses in LF, 3B, 2B (for most of the season), DH and C.

The Twins didn't really win that game, we just gave it to them in so many ways...and that's how they often beat you. I like to think of them as the Martina Hingis of baseball teams (although they're clearly better offensively than their 2002-04/06 versions)...they just keep hitting the ball back at you and wait for you to make a mistake or error. They're not as fast or as gifted defensively as in the past, they have more sluggers without sound fundamentals and fewer role players, but they're good.

But, like Martina Hingis, they're outgunned when they play the best...in this case, they're at least one pitcher short in the starting rotation.

Still, Liriano (although erratic) has great stuff, Pavano and Baker can be solid, although I think of them more as 3's or 4's than true aces, although Pavano has been their best pitcher for most of the season, with the exception of a 8-10 start stretch for Liriano before he started to fall apart.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 12, 2010 -> 11:33 PM)
There's not going to be any miracle addition to this team. Every piece of pretty is getting blocked or pulled. If KW wanted to solve that problem he should have done it during the multiple times throughout the year where it was actuallly possible.

I know everyone would have been pissed if Beckham had gone.