Gamethread: White Sox 64-51 vs Tigers 55-59 7:10 PM CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
Seriously, he's played a bunch lately, gotten HBP a few times, had a couple plays running out hits at first where he hit the ground... this is just a day off for him.

I figured he must be banged up. Love him or hate him, we desperately need his stick. He hit that big homer the other day.

Am I a bad fan for not liking the 1-2 punch of Pierre/Omar despite the stats pointed out to me they both are great?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
I figured he must be banged up. Love him or hate him, we desperately need his stick. He hit that big homer the other day.

Am I a bad fan for not liking the 1-2 punch of Pierre/Omar despite the stats pointed out to me they both are great?

lol wut?

Can we stay on one topic?

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
But we shouldn't retaliate

Is it just me, or does it seem like we have been hit at least 2-3 times MORE than we hit people? I swear, we got hit like 4 times in this series, and hit none of them. Then i noticed against the Cubs we got hit 5-6 times, and only hit like 1 of them.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
Is it just me, or does it seem like we have been hit at least 2-3 times MORE than we hit people? I swear, we got hit like 4 times in this series, and hit none of them. Then i noticed against the Cubs we got hit 5-6 times, and only hit like 1 of them.

Before we all get overly defensive about it, keep in mind that this Sox team has the two league leaders in that category, both of which have been that way during their careers.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)

We have BEEN hit 55 times (2nd MOST in baseball)

We have HIT someone 24 times (2nd LEAST in baseball)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
Before we all get overly defensive about it, keep in mind that this Sox team has the two league leaders in that category, both of which have been that way during their careers.

Not saying it's a conspiracy that we get hit, but I am saying it seems like we never retaliate against teams for hitting us.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
We have BEEN hit 55 times (2nd MOST in baseball)

We have HIT someone 24 times (2nd LEAST in baseball)

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
Not saying it's a conspiracy that we get hit, but I am saying it seems like we never retaliate against teams for hitting us.

With all due respect, who cares? Next time Linebrink comes in against a Twin, order him to plunk somebody. His suspension won't matter. Oz will get suspended too and many will be happy about that. This is all on Linebrink. He has to be our designated fall guy for hitting people. Or Bobby so the Bobby haters will be happy to see him suspended as well. A starter CANNOT plunk a Twin on purpose or He Gawn from the game baby.

Edited by greg775

Bolt aside from his personality, what do you like about Mark?

He is a butcher in right field which you all will soon see. He's a butcher at third. He strikes out, doesn't believe in walking and is simply a mediocre player IMO.

I admit he does have great personality.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Bolt aside from his personality, what do you like about Mark?

He is a butcher in right field which you all will soon see. He's a butcher at third. He strikes out, doesn't believe in walking and is simply a mediocre player IMO.

Without bringing up names, why do you pick and choose which bad players you root for? You're terribly inconsistent.

I will root for Teahen tonight. I also like his personality. By all accounts he's a great guy.

Hope he goes 3-for-4 with 3 ribbies and we win.

I won't dwell on my dislike for his game, but since he returned today and he's in the lineup and Bolt indicated he liked him, it's topical.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
With all due respect, who cares? Next time Linebrink comes in against a Twin, order him to plunk somebody. His suspension won't matter. Oz will get suspended too and many will be happy about that. This is all on Linebrink. He has to be our designated fall guy for hitting people. Or Bobby so the Bobby haters will be happy to see him suspended as well. A starter CANNOT plunk a Twin on purpose or He Gawn from the game baby.

Only if warnings are issued. And great, so let Linebrink or Bobby nail someone. My point is just that for the amount of times we get hit, we really don't retaliate for it. It seemed like Ozzie used to call for guys getting hit in the past, but no longer. Just an observation.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
Only if warnings are issued. And great, so let Linebrink or Bobby nail someone. My point is just that for the amount of times we get hit, we really don't retaliate for it. It seemed like Ozzie used to call for guys getting hit in the past, but no longer. Just an observation.

That isn't necesarily true. Guys can get ejected for throwing at someone without a warning. It doesn't have to come if the ump feels it was really egregious.

I figured teams will be warned before the start of the Minnie series. So our starter would be gone.

But I would have no problem with Linebrink plunking a Twin in the butt with a pitch. But he'll be suspended a week or so.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
I figured teams will be warned before the start of the Minnie series. So our starter would be gone.

But I would have no problem with Linebrink plunking a Twin in the butt with a pitch. But he'll be suspended a week or so.

So a win-win.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)

To take that even a step further, I don't even see it as retaliation I see it as setting a tone. It was no accident that the Twins hit our batters 4 times....just as it was no accident when Torii Hunter blasted the s*** out of AJ at homeplate a couple of seasons ago. Gardenhire does these things to make sure his team is the alpha male in the relationship....it's high time Ozzie quits sititng back complimenting the Twins and instead takes a page out of Gardy's book and has his guys do some tone-setting of their own. Start a brawl! Hit a couple batters! Annihilate a fielder on a slide! Do something to remind the Twins that they're in your park and you're in charge.

Yes, I was very disappointed by that Twins series :lolhitting

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
To take that even a step further, I don't even see it as retaliation I see it as setting a tone. It was no accident that the Twins hit our batters 4 times....just as it was no accident when Torii Hunter blasted the s*** out of AJ at homeplate a couple of seasons ago. Gardenhire does these things to make sure his team is the alpha male in the relationship....it's high time Ozzie quits sititng back complimenting the Twins and instead takes a page out of Gardy's book and has his guys do some tone-setting of their own. Start a brawl! Hit a couple batters! Annihilate a fielder on a slide! Do something to remind the Twins that they're in your park and you're in charge.

Jamie Burke

And I agree with your sentiments.

Edited by BigSqwert

Wouldn't just playing hard against our inner-division foes accomplish what you want?

It's a 162 day grind and our team sleepwalks against its divisional foes too often. If it's not Minnie, it's Cleveland or KC.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)

Actually that isn't true. two of those HBPs were guys getting hit on the foot by sliders in pitchers counts. That is the very definition of accident.