Gamethread: White Sox 64-51 vs Tigers 55-59 7:10 PM CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
To take that even a step further, I don't even see it as retaliation I see it as setting a tone. It was no accident that the Twins hit our batters 4 times....just as it was no accident when Torii Hunter blasted the s*** out of Jaime Burke at homeplate a couple of seasons ago. Gardenhire does these things to make sure his team is the alpha male in the relationship....it's high time Ozzie quits sititng back complimenting the Twins and instead takes a page out of Gardy's book and has his guys do some tone-setting of their own. Start a brawl! Hit a couple batters! Annihilate a fielder on a slide! Do something to remind the Twins that they're in your park and you're in charge.

Yes, I was very disappointed by that Twins series :lolhitting

Now THIS is what I'm talking about! Make their pitchers - and every other pitcher - think twice before throwing at one of our guys. Where's the spirit of this ball club when we play the twins? I had a good view of the Sox dugout last night, and they looked as they were just sitting there. It didn't look like they were chatting or cheering or anything. The only thing I saw was Paulie kick something while grabbing his bats after the game was over. And this was after everyone had left.

I know this sounds stupid... hell I'll probably read this later and wonder WTF I was thinking, but I want a brawl. I really do. Show each other and fans that you care about winning and don't give a f*** about the twins. Maybe that will inject some spirit into the club. I'm sorry, but that game last night was just awful. If not a brawl, then at least get in somebody's face and let them know that you're alive.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the spirit of this ball club when we play the twins?

Or the Royals or Indians or ... sometimes the Tigers.

Brawls are overblown. What the guy on the Reds did/said really fired up Cincy, didn't it.

We just have to play the game of baseball hard every night which is hard to do in a long season. I'd settle for just playing great hard nosed baseball against teams in our division.

Many baseball purists would argue with you that momentum is the next day's starting pitcher.

The Kansas City Chiefs brawl a lot at practice. They lose almost every game. Brawls don't matter. Just play better in your own division for a change, White Sox!

and we'd all be happy and not having this disussion if a few white sox hit with men on base last night when the game was not out of reach.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
To take that even a step further, I don't even see it as retaliation I see it as setting a tone. It was no accident that the Twins hit our batters 4 times....just as it was no accident when Torii Hunter blasted the s*** out of AJ at homeplate a couple of seasons ago. Gardenhire does these things to make sure his team is the alpha male in the relationship....it's high time Ozzie quits sititng back complimenting the Twins and instead takes a page out of Gardy's book and has his guys do some tone-setting of their own. Start a brawl! Hit a couple batters! Annihilate a fielder on a slide! Do something to remind the Twins that they're in your park and you're in charge.

Totally agree. Against those guys we play scared and not to lose. It's a terrible mindset. I feel that we are very lucky when we win one.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
To take that even a step further, I don't even see it as retaliation I see it as setting a tone. It was no accident that the Twins hit our batters 4 times....just as it was no accident when Torii Hunter blasted the s*** out of AJ at homeplate a couple of seasons ago. Gardenhire does these things to make sure his team is the alpha male in the relationship....it's high time Ozzie quits sititng back complimenting the Twins and instead takes a page out of Gardy's book and has his guys do some tone-setting of their own. Start a brawl! Hit a couple batters! Annihilate a fielder on a slide! Do something to remind the Twins that they're in your park and you're in charge.

Which is why it was such bulls*** not to send AJ yesterday.

Even if he's out, Mauer would have been split in half.

Seeing all those Elvis impersonators got me thinking for a second...

It would be cool if a wrestling promotion had a stabe of wrestlers, similar to the Dudleys in the original ECW, except they're all Elvis impersonators. Kinda like the group of guys from "3000 Miles to Graceland", with a black, hispanic, asian, and even indian Elvis impersonator thrown in. :P

I'd watch that. :D

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 05:08 PM)
Seeing all those Elvis impersonators got me thinking for a second...

It would be cool if a wrestling promotion had a stabe of wrestlers, similar to the Dudleys in the original ECW, except they're all Elvis impersonators. Kinda like the group of guys from "3000 Miles to Graceland", with a black, hispanic, asian, and even indian Elvis impersonator thrown in. :P

I'd watch that. :D

that's a great idea!