Sox vs. Tigers 1:05 CT, CSN

shipps

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
How awesome would it have been if KW actually could have gotten Miggy a few years back....

Was it ever confirmed about who we were offering? I remember hearing from one person it was no one that is on the current team now, which meant it was based on Gio, Fields, and a few others. However, others thought Danks was involved.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
Frank Thomas says hello.

I'd take Cabrera still, especially given how deep the center/opposite field fences have been at his home parks. He has more opposite field power than anyone I've ever seen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
awesome...already talked to him about never dating a Cubs fan, etc.

Conversions aren't allowed to be attempted?

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Just turned on the game. Stone mentioned that Coop was tossed. What happened?

Arguing balls and strikes. Pierre had a low strike called on him the previous inning and then Sale didn't get it when throwing to Damon. I yelled at the TV, 5 seconds later Coop was tossed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Who else besides Pujols?

Do you want better "Pure hitters" or "better overall hitters" counting both power and average?

On the "pure hitters" list I'd probably include Mauer and we can go from there, on the overall hitter side Griffey and Thomas in their primes, then the steroid guys.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
Conversions aren't allowed to be attempted?

My wife's family is all Cubs fans, but she didn't care about baseball at all. Thus, it was easy to make her root for the Sox so I'd be in a better mood. True Cubs fan though, I'd have to say no.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
Oakland just made it 4-2....runner on second 2 outs

It's a good thing they put up something. I would have lost it if Kevin Slowey threw a no-hitter. I know he left with in intact, but still.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Do you want better "Pure hitters" or "better overall hitters" counting both power and average?

On the "pure hitters" list I'd probably include Mauer and we can go from there, on the overall hitter side Griffey and Thomas in their primes, then the steroid guys.

power/average combo

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
power/average combo

Griffey in and around 98, Thomas in 92- 94, Mauer last year, Pujols for the last decade, and the juicers immediately come to mind.

Edit: and the more I think of juicers, the more I come up with. Sheffield had some dominant years. Canseco. Sosa on the stuff.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Yikes, here comes Putz. Between him and likely Jenks the Sox will need at least another run to win this game.

Isn't Jenks still out with back spasms?

Thornton's closing if Putz is coming in now.